Poking The Lion

York couldn't help but smirk. He liked her attitude as she strutted past him into the grand foyer, her heels clicking against the hard floor. The guard handed him the chain as the slack slowly disappeared into the doorway. They turned and made their way back down the pathway after issuing curt goodbyes. Kicking the door closed, he raised a brow as the chain began to grow to taunt. Who was supposed to be leading who here? "Might want to slow down," he called after her. "Would be a mighty shame if you fell over onto that magnificent rear now wouldn't it." Felicity felt the slight resistance in the chain a second before he warned her of her distance. At his words, she couldn't help a smirk. "Why? you gonna kiss it better if I do?" she asked, glancing over her shoulder at him. Her tone was sarcastic but her expression was teasing. She returned her gaze to his interior, canting her head this way and that, taking it all in.

He followed her deeper into the house, watching her eyes darting around. He stopped directly behind her, his voice low. "something you should keep in mind... It might be true that I'll taste you either way, but the thing is, whether you're good or bad, determines what why I do so..." She hadn't realized just how close he was until his breath fanned over the shell of her ear. She sucked in a breath at his meaning and tried to remember that he was the type of guy she couldn't allow herself to...enjoy. But despite the reminder she stupidly found herself smiling. He straightened and moved ahead of her, picking up his pace as he began leading her deeper into the house with the chain. "You're thoughts on my humble home?" sarcasm was heavy in his tone considering his house was anything but. York didn't have many things in life but what he did have, he spent lavishly on. This mansion was won in a duel centuries ago and quickly became his prized possession. He was proud of it and the opulence it displayed.

He turned back to glance at her as she trailed behind him. It wasn't often he met someone with well...an attitude towards him. He'd grown bored with the usual cowering in fear, and the hurried obedience. She had some will, some...well balls, to put it bluntly, to talk back and quip at him the way she did. She might not be his to keep, but he had a feeling she'd be a welcome distraction from his normally dark existence. Besides, she was a succubus. A distraction was all she'd be good for. Her cursed species held little else to offer.

Felicity tapped her chin with a dainty nail, what do I think? she shrugged a delicate shoulder before saying, "I should tell you it looks like crap or I've seen better...but...much like it's owner, it's very pleasing to look at". What? who said a girl had to hate the wrapper because she hates the candy inside? York grinned at her sarcastic remark as they finally made it to the large spiraling staircase leading to the upper floors. As he continued leading her into the house, using the chain as one would a dog leash, she had an uncontrollable urge to bark. hmm, why not. Maybe it would annoy him which would amuse her. So basically a win/win. Felicity gave a quick high pitched bark then bit her lip to keep from laughing.

He certainly liked what he saw in her. His mind was full of all the new possibilities made available to him. Here he had a new challenge, a new source of entertainment and pleasure...but unfortunately that wasn't her purpose. He would have to work hard to keep that in mind- Did she just..bark? He shook his head, not believing his ears. Stopping in his tracks at the top of the stairs caused her to clumsily walk straight into him. He swiftly turned on the balls of his feet, their noses almost grazing each other, as he reached out, hands on her waist to keep her from falling backward. She was slightly startled by how close their face actually was to each other, her lips parting. Perfect kissing distance...What?! no! Bad Felicity! She was not going there. "Hmm...begging for a bone already?" A quick devilish smirk flashed across his lips as he teased her for the admittedly adorable bark.

Her plan to annoy him was an obvious bust since he actually seemed amused. Hmm, she would have to up her game. His playfulness irritated her because oddly enough she liked it. She forced herself to huff angrily when what she really wanted to do was laugh. "Who said I wanted a bone? For all you know I might not even like bones." She raised her eyebrow pointedly, hoping he caught her meaning. She stepped away from him and moved forward, forcing him to continue leading her down the second-floor corridor.