Chapter 3

Ellie POV

*******************************
"Coming!" Kade yells. Seconds later, him and Max stumble through the trees.

Ah Max. My 2 year crush. An adorably cute bad boy, with cropped dark brown hair, and big, hazel eyes to literally die for. He has the most charming smile that makes his eyes go darker; a dark chocolate colour. His freckles. They are like little specks of birdseed across his nose. Damn he's cute. But he'd never like someone like me...

"Earth to Ellie!" My BFWNE (Best friend with no exception except when she embarrasses me really badly) calls. I give her my you-know-I-was-daydreaming-about-Max glares, and she smirks. "So," Kade says. "Are you gonna tell us what you called us for?" Olivia shrugs. "Sure," I pick it up. The blood red envelope, and turn it in my hands. "Open it Ellie!" Max urges. I sharply exhale and start ripping the envelope. It's finally time to see what where doing here...

I tear open the envelope and see 3 things: A knife, a pack of matches and a note. "Read the note Ellie!" The other 3 urge. I shake my head. There's no way I'm opening that. I hand it to Max, who slowly starts deciphering the words.

Dear subjects A1, A2, A3, and A4
You may be wondering why you are here. Well I can tell you. The reason you're here is because you're special. You all inhabit special powers. "Wait, what?" Max asks. "This has to be a lot of crap." "Shut up," Olivia orders. "And keep reading." So Max continues. I can't tell you these powers but I can tell you how to find out. You need to make a fire with the match with number 47 on it and start the fire at exactly 8.39 pm tonight. Then, throw in a single daisy. Then, and only then you can find out what your powers are.
Your Sincerely GOMPAMB (Government of magic powers and magic beings.)

Wow. I look at Olivia, Kade and Max; only to see their faces are chalk white. Max recovers quickly. "That's bloody bullshit," he mutters. Olivia and Kade shake their heads. "No. We should do what that guy says." Max angrily huffs. "Fine, C'mon Ellie" Olivia calls. It's 7.05. We have A LOT of planning to do. I start walking back to our campsite. Tonight we find out what "Super powers," we apparently have. Soon. I say to myself. Soon we will be free. Soon.

*******************************
Authors note:
Hey guys! Like this chapter? What do you guys think about Max and Ellie or Olivia and Kade? Next chapter: Will Max have feelings for Ellie? Will Olivia and Kade ever admit their feelings? And what's gonna happen at the fire? Find out next time on Playing With Fire

And enjoy the rest of your day!