»» 5 »»

»» Mae

"But Mae, you're about to find something out that will break you even more than you already are."

Christina's words roll through my head slowly and I finally understand what she meant by that. And she was right, it does break me even more.

"Oh, your - your girlfriend?" I stutter stupidly, I can't possibly allow Carson to know I'm bothered by this girl.

"Well, yeah." Carson smiles, but not the one I fell in love with, no this is one is filled with uncertainty and awkwardness.

"Hi Mae, it's so good to see you finally! I've heard so much about you, I feel like I already know you!" Grace hugs my hand in hers and shakes it rather violently.

"Um . . . hi, it's so good to meet you too." I half smile at the girl who is GORGEOUS. Like jealously is flaring off of me so bad, I'm surprised no one can see the steam simmering.

"What were y'all talking about?" Grace wonders, pointing her head to her . . . ugh . . . boyfriend.

"Just how our lives have been because we've haven't been in contact for awhile." Carson smoothly says, and I give him a silent thanks because if I were to talk right now, my words would be jumbled and with each squeak my voice would rise eight octaves.

"Mhmm" I mumble, swiveling the ring on my index finger faster.

"Oh cool, we should totally hang out! It would be SO fun!" Grace squeals and hugs Carsons upper arm.

"Uh . . . yeah! Totally!" I mimic a little unsure.

"You could bring your boyfriend and I'll bring my boyfriend! Sounds like a plan?!"

Uhhh - is this girl like my new bestie or something?! Cause she's sure acting like it and it's getting to me bad.

"Well, I don't have a boyfriend actually, so, sorry, I'm going to have to cancel. Is that okay?" I say.

"Oh, you don't?!" Her eyes seems to shoot straight through my heart, killing me instantly.

Is it just me, or does this girl seem to hate me?

"Well, yeah, I've never really looked for any soul mate, been focused way too hard on my work." I make up on the spot.

"Mhmm, so sorry." Grace spats.

"It's not too bad for me. But I'm glad you and Carson have met, he deserves someone as special as you." I smile brightly, but it's all fake, every single centimeter of it, "I've gotta go, but see you around Carson. Nice to meet you Grace."

I begin to walk away and hear Carson utter a goodbye but even with my back to them, I can still feel his girlfriend's eyes burn into me with hatred.

~Hi everyone!!! Did you see that coming? It may seem cliche, but I promise you, the story isn't completely cliche. So, I have a challenge for you, I am awful at ship names, and I need some ship names for my characters, so I'd love to hear your ideas!!! Thx again guys!!! <3