»» 13 »»

»» Mae

  I giggle and even when Carson plops me back down on the ground, I still have tingles where he wrapped me in his arms.

  "As I was saying, we're starting over. Best friends right?" Carson raises both eyebrows, wiggling them when he catches me looking at him.

  I laugh, but then grow serious when I glance into his warm brown eyes. He's always had pretty eyes, he takes after his mother in the eye color department.

  "Best friends forever." I sweetly grin up at him.

  "Perfect." He replies.

»  »  »

  "Yeah so then we end up bawling on the floor, laughing and then the hotel person kicks us out. All because we laughed "too hard" at a person who slipped on the wet floor and broke so vase when sliding." I explain, laughter bubbling inside of me.

  This story is all true, back in Kansas one of my old friends, Rosy, and I were staying at a hotel for a weekend get away and exploring Kansas. Kind of like a stay-cation sort of thing. Well, when we were checking in, a large man didn't notice the big, bold yellow "caution" sign and slipped on the wet floors, therefore sliding right into a wall and knocking over a vase. It shattered to pieces and the workers faces were so shocked and priceless. Rosy and I just happened to think it was the funniest thing ever and laughed like weirdos, causing  a few people to glare at us. Because we were so "disruptive", we were exiled out of the hotel. Our stay-cation was then cut short and we both got grounded by our parents.

  "Wow, so your still the trouble maker like old times?" He winks, pushing me to the side.

  "Haha, yup, still a daredevil." I play along.

  "Oh yeah," he laughs, "but I'm guessing you're still competitive."

  "Definitely! I still enjoy kicking your butt." I tease.

  "Whatever Carter."

  "Back at ya, Dagger."

  We continue to banter with each other and suddenly I realize that it's getting too late in the day. It's almost nine o'clock and I've been here since six this morning. I guess Carson and I had a lot more to catch up on than I thought.

  "Hey, I'm really sorry to break up the fun we've had, but I do need to get going." I apologize, starting to walk backwards to my car in the parking lot.

  "No worries, we'll see each other tomorrow." He grins.

  "Tomorrow?" I question.

  "You know that thing we have at the church. A get together. Small dinner and deserts and then worship. Just a fun hang out for everyone. It's at Sundance Square." He informs me.

  Remembering now, "oh yeah!"

  "Well then, see ya Mae. I'm glad we fixed everything."

  "Me too, bye Carson." I wave to him and then start my way to my car.

  And as I open the door, I sneak a glance at him behind me and see him walking farther away from the parking lot. Now I remember why I was in love with that boy for so long, he's the best. It's just a shame the only boy I'm looking at is the boy that's already been taken up by someone else.

~do you feel any sympathy for Mae? Yeah, okay, YAY! They fixed things, but what do you think will happen next?! Tell me!! Thanks guys, <3 y'all!!!