»» 15 »»

»» Carson

Cheers erupts from the crowd when my game winning goal soared into the net. My teammates come racing up to me and give me a sweaty hug and pound my back with hand slaps. I'm soaking wet in my own sweat and it's quite uncomfortable, but nonetheless I'm still happy because I just made a hat trick for the game.

"Nice work boys! Especially you Dagger." Coach congratulates us.

We are exited off the field and into the locker room. It's always humid and smells awful but that's the life of a professional athlete I guess. I take a shower and then slip on some shorts and a Tshirt. July in Texas is like being trapped in a very large heater, it's amazing how hot it can get.

When I come walking out and towards my car, I notice Grace leaning against my car, on her phone.

"Hey baby!" I call out to her, causing her to look up and smile at me.

"Hey! You did so great today!" She hops up to me and I give her a sweet kiss on the lips. I can't see her beautiful eyes since they're covered by her slim sunglasses, but I don't mind it too terribly.

"Thanks." Just for fun I give her one more kiss on the lips and when we pull apart she grins mischievously and throws me the car keys.

"You're driving." She teases.

"Oh haha, very funny." I jump into the cars driver seat and she slips in next to me in the passenger seat.

We pull out of the stadiums parking lot and the radio hums tunes softly. For some odd reason, I feel weirdly uncomfortable sitting next to my girlfriend, who, is silent, very silent. That's not normal, somethings definitely wrong.

"What's the matter, Grace?" I ask her, stopping at a red light.

"Oh nothing!" She lies.

"Grace . . . " I warn her, making it clear I want the truth.

"Okay, fine. I just kind of heard that you and Mae are friends." She admits and from the corner of my eye, I see her shrug.

"Are you implying I like Mae?" I question.

"You did in the past." She coldly remarks.

"Why do you have to see her as a threat Grace?! She was and is my best friend, I can't push her out of my life. I like her back in my everyday routine." I explain, getting slightly annoyed. Grace should know better than to cut to the chase and say I'm in love with Mae, because that's absurd.

"Okay, okay, fine. But you should've told me about this because as I recall, I'm still your girlfriend." Grace bites back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think it was important." I make up, biting my tongue in the end. I actually didn't want to tell her because she'd freak out like she is now.

"You know what Carson, whatever, just drop me off at my house and we'll end this fight."

I raise my eyebrows in surprise, "fight?!"

"Yes. Now speed up." Her tone is not friendly right now.

The rest of the car ride is deathly quiet, and I don't bother opening my mouth to make a sound, afraid she'll say something else hurtful. I hate that the girlfriend I have and love doesn't see it, instead she feels second best to a girl I don't love.

Finally, after what felt like hours of driving, I stop at her house, "here we are."

"Thanks." She curtly states.

"See you tonight?" I wonder.

She looks back at me, "yeah, but let's meet each other there."

I just nod my head, "okay," and with that, she closes the door and walks towards her front door.

I drive off and then shut my eyes right when I stop at a stop sign. I cannot lose Grace, I love her with all my heart, and her not being my girlfriend is just scary.

With that, I push every bad thought of Grace away and focus on the wonderful night we will (hopefully) have.

» » so how are you? Hope you like the chapter!!! Little drama with the lovely couple, something I'm sure some of you have been expecting. What else do you expect will happen? Alright readers, bye now!!! Love y'all <3

»» okay this is so irrelevant but if y'all don't know the story, Second Chance by Joymoment, I'm serious you need to go check it out!!! It's one of the best books I have ever read and the author is amazing!!!