»» 12 »»

»» Carson

  I continue to jog on the pavement, looking forward as the cool morning air whips against my cheeks and nose. The sun is just barely awake and peaking above the trees top. I don't exactly know why I'm running this morning, maybe it's because I need to clear my head. Ever since Mae's came back, it's like the past is catching up to me and making me rethink everything I do involving my love life.

  Every time I'm with Grace, I look at her face and then only imagine what it would be like to have Mae in my arms instead of her. But I love Grace, I love her, I don't love Mae that way. I mean, Grace has been my girlfriend for almost five years now, if I knew to be with Mae, then I would be with her by now.

  But obviously I'm still in a relationship with Grace, so I do not have any feelings for Mae. Even though Toby constantly bugs me on my feelings for both girls, it's getting on my nerves.

  Stovol Park is an awesome place, I've had some good times here. Mae and I have had good memories here. I continue to follow the sidewalk and then come across the old field Mae's and I brothers practiced at when they were younger. I softly grin at the lonely field full of grass, that is until I spot a human laying down. It's a women and when I get closer, I notice that it's Mae.

  Hesitantly, I approach her, "uh . . . hey Mae."

  She sits up and shock washes over her face, "Carson? Oh - um, hi."

  I chuckle, "yeah, it's me."

  She blushes a deep red then looks at me for a second, "where's you girlfriend?"

  I roll my eyes and take a seat next to her, making her stiffen up, "you know, I'm not always with Grace. I'm still my own person."

  "Guess so." She shrugs.

  Determine to change the subject, I think of something to say, "remember that zone night at church we had when we were younger? And we chased each other down the hallways that no one took?"

  "Oh yeah, that was a fun night, I had a great time with you. That was before everything happened." She bitterly says.

  "Yeah, okay, I figured we would eventually talk about that." I utter stupidly.

  "Mhmm, I'm sorry, by the way." She whispers.

  "Why?"

  "Well, for one, ruining everything. Second of all, for my obsessive way. Third of all for my attitude towards you since I've came back. It's just hard to see you again when you hate me." She explains, looking in the distance while doing so.

  I look at her in surprise, "hate you? Why on earth would I hate you?"

  "I just explained the reasons." She smiles.

  "Yeah, well," I chuckle, "I don't hate you. I could never hate you Mae. Sure, you made me uncomfortable, but I handled everything pretty stupidly so I think we can both take the blame. Anyways, the main thing is, we never really gave our problem to God, I think now's a good time to do that."

  She nods, "I've never wanted anything more than to just make things right between us. I've missed you Carson, and I never felt right leaving and not fixing things. I want to start everything over and just end this silent war we've been giving each other."

  "Then let's start over, Mae. Let's begin like it's your first day back in town. Nothing bad ever happened between us." I show off a  mischievous grin and then smile a genuine smile.

  "Okay." She sighs, but in a good way, not that type of annoyed sigh.

  "Hey Mae, I'm so glad your back!" I yelp, picking her off the ground and swinging her in the air. She's a tiny girl, no doubt about that.

  She giggles and then sweetly smiles, "hi Carson, missed you too."

~thumbs up if you want a boy to pick you up and swing you around like that!!!! ;) thanks readers for everything!!!