Chapter 4

You had absolutely no clue as to how long you were passed out, but when your sense of hearing started to come back you concluded that you must have been coming to. You first heard the crickets that were in the grass as they chirped. Then you heard other sounds: the wind blowing through the trees, rumbles of thunder still in the sky that seemed to be farther away then before, and lasty; you heard voices. There were two of them. You easily recognized one of them to be Loki, but you did not know to whom the second voiced belonged. You could hear them speaking to each other, but you could not make out much of what was being said. You were drifting in and out of consiousness, sometimes tuning in to the conversation and then back out again. You tried to awaken yourself fully, but you were not able to do so.

"Thor!" Loki yelled as he got up from the ground, "What are you doing here?!"

"I could ask the same question to you!" Thor replied, "Why did you come here? How did you get past Hemidall?"

"Did the Allfather not inform you?" The God of Mischief said in a bit of a sarcastic tone.

"Inform me of what?"

"Something got into Asgard and released Sleipnir. He ran off and somehow ended up on Midgard. I'm simply here to retrieve him." Loki explained to the ill-informed God of Thunder.

"Why would Father not tell me this?" Thor questioned.

"Why does it matter? He trusted me to come and find him, not you."

Thor looked over slightly and noticed a girl lying on the ground. "Who is this midgardian? Have you resorted to mind control tricks again, brother?"

"No, I have not." Loki answered him.

Thor walked over to the girl, and continued to accuse Loki of other misdeeds. "She is unconsious. What have you done to her?"

"I have done nothing. 'Twas your lightning and thunder that scared her." Loki replied. He looked over at the vehical. It was flipped on it side, the passenger side windows shattered to peices, the glass sitting scattered on the ground. "You're lucky that you didn't kill either of us."

"I wasn't trying to hurt anyone." Thor said. "Why are you taveling with this girl anyways?"

"Sleipnir found his way to a ranch and she was the one in charge of caring for him." Loki began to explain. "But, sadly, he was taken by some people, and now we have to go an get him back. She vollenteered to help."

"Sleipnir was taken?" Thor repeated. "Why did you not simply stop them?"

Loki sighed, and then laughed. "I tried, but some mortals are stronger then they at first appear."

"But, you could have easily taken them. How did they best you in combat?" Thor asked in confusion.

"Is it not obvious?" Loki didn't wait for Thor to reply. "Odin allowed me to leave Asgard in search for Sleipnir, but not without certain hindering circumstances."

"What do you mean, Brother?"

"He is still a bit untrusting of me and only let me come here if I agreed to him... stripping my powers." Loki explained.

"So You're - "

"Yes... For the time span that I am on Midgard... I am a Mortal."

"I see. Then I must stay and assist you in your search." Thor said.

Loki quickly replied. "No! This is nothing of concern to you."

"But, Loki. Without your powers you will be unable to call on Hemidall." Thor told him. "You wouldn't be able to return to Asgard."