Chapter 8

You tried to remain calm, and on the outside you kept a straight face, but, on the inside, you were freaking out. You were back at a major event in history - the California gold rush - and you knew very well that even being here could possibly alter the timeline; how drastically it would effect history, was something you didn't know.

"Alright," You said to Thor and Loki. "I don't know how we're going to fix this, but before we do anything, we all need to change clothes." They both gave you a weird look. "We need to blend in with people of the time period so we don't attract any attention."

You were able to find a place where you obtained some clothes... by means that weren't exactly... legal, but in all honesty you really didn't care at the moment. You then rushed to where Loki and Thor were waiting for you. You had already changed your clothes, and you handed the remaining clothing items to them, while you quickly made them return to the alleyway that you were in previously.

"Why are you out of breath?" Thor asked you when you noticed that you were panting.

"Let's just say- that shop owner isn't- gonna be happy when he comes back."

"What in heavens name are these?" Loki said as he looked at the clothes you gave him.

"I stole them, alright." You said lowering your voice. "I didn't have any time to think about it! Now please, just change. I'll be waiting outside the alley." You turned around and walked back out of the alley.

You waited for a few minutes and then Loki and Thor both came out of the alley.

"This is ridiculous." Loki said. He obviously did not approve.

"Hey, I never said I liked the fashion sense of this time period." You replied. "But, at least we'll blend in better."

"Now the question is, how are we going to return to our correct time?" Thor said.

"I don't know." You said looking at the ground. "This is before all the advanced technology we have today was even invented."

"So what your saying is, we're stuck here?"

"Unless we can miraculously find another device that will send us forward in time... Then yes."

You three had absolutly no clue what to do, or even if there was anything you could do. It seemed to have just now hit both Loki and Thor that the three of you were STUCK in the 1800's, and you had no way to return to you own time. Thor acted more irrational then Loki, but they both now seen how bad the situation actually was.

It had quickly begun to get dark out, and you knew that you had to find a place to stay, because you certainly didn't want to be staying in the streets. But this was much easier said then done.

"Well, we can't stay at a hotel." You said.

"Why is that exactly?" Thor asked you.

You took your wallet out of your pocket and looked through it. "Because, all I have with me is my credit card." You told him as you took out the plastic card. "Credit cards haven't been invented yet." You put the worthless card back in your wallet. You looked again to see if you had any money stashed, but you only found about 50 cents in change. You never were one for carrying cash around with you. You always had your checks from work directly deposited into your bank account, and you always felt safer with just a credit card rather than a bunch of paper bills. This was one of the only times where that has come back to work against you. It's sad really. With the amount of money you had in your account - Plus the fact that everything back in this time was much cheaper - you probablly would have been among the rich people of this period.