Chapter 11

After you and Loki shared that moment with each other, you both remained outside for a while longer. You sat closer to him, laying your head on his shoulder. That kiss left you with a sense of happiness and you couldn't help but still smile. It seemed to only reinforce the feelings that you've been having. At first you questioned yourself as to why these feeling had risen, for Loki no less, and why such feeling appeared so fast. When you first met him back at the stable the first impression you got of him was much different then what you thought of him now. The vibe that you got from him before was very... mysterious. Granted you still felt a mysterious vibe from his now, it was mysterious in a good way. It was hard for you to explain even to yourself.

"Your wish on the falling star, honestly, was to obtain a kiss from me?" Loki said.

You laughed a bit nervously as you blushed again, "No, not exactly..." You replied. "But it gave me the answer that I was looking for."

"Answer to what?"

"Well... I... I've been having a lot of strong... feelings I guess, and I just wanted to know if maybe you were having the same feelings too." You explained. "I never would have guessed that the stars would work in that way."

"The stars work in mysterious ways." Loki said. "You might wish for one thing and the result could be something you didn't expect. The stars take everything literally you know."

"I guess that makes sense." After you spoke, you yawned, showing just how exhausted you really were. You knew you fell asleep when you were coming into this town, but it seemed that it wasn't enough.

"You really should try and get some rest." Loki told you.

You sighed. "I guess you're right. We still have a long way to travel before we get to Nevada deserts." You said. You then thought for a moment. Even when you get to the deserts, there is still the chance that the military bases wouldn't even be there. They were a conspiracy in themselves. The government of ths U.S. Easily succeeds in hiding from sight. They're built underground, out of sight of the general public. You were now second guessing yourself on whether you should even continue. Granted, you knew that you had to find a way back to the future and this may be the only way to do so, you felt that finding and infiltrating a military base, surviving the inevitable attacks by the armed guards inside, and then locating and stealing the time travel device, was going to be a near impossible task. The chances that you would actually be able to locate the entrance to the base in the first place was slim to none...

You pushed the negative thoughts out of your mind and forced yourself to remain optimistic. You were going to need to stay positive if you were ever going to fix everything that has gone wrong.

Once you agreed with Loki that you need more rest you both got up from the ground and walked back into the barn.

Thor was snoring loudly and Loki just shook his head at him. "Try to ignore him."

You laughed quietly. "He sounds like a bear." You went and climbed back up onto the hay bales. You made your way up to a higher pile and laid down there rather then closer to the ground. Loki obviously didn't want to sleep anywhere near Thor because of his obnoxious snoring, so he walked over and laid on the hale bales closer to you.

"How on earth do you sleep on these things?" Loki said.

"Well, half my life I lived with my dad on his ranch, so I'm used to it I guess..." You replied. You then laughed as you recalled one memory you had of those times. "...I remember that, when I was a kid, I used to hide in the middle of the hay bale piles so I wouldn't have to do any work that day. Then my dad always found me... he seemed to always know exactly where I was even if I hid somewhere else. Sometimes he'd call me lazy for not wanting to work, but he'd always turn it into a joke and make me smile." You were silent for a few moments as you reminisced. You then sighed. "I'm sorry. One simple answer turned into a story..."