Chapter 12

Plan. A simple word with more the one meaning. Plan could mean a sequence of actions one takes in order to accomplish a task, or it could be used as a verb and describe the action of thinking out a way to get around an obstacle.
Whichever form one chooses to use, they both will end with the same result; achievement of a goal. A plan can be anything. Anything at all. Large or small; Complex or simple; Intelligent or dumb. From navigating your way around a blocked off road, to simply finding your keys in the morning. You make plans subconsciously without even knowing it.

And this was true for you now. You had a problem which needed to be solved, so you began to formulate a plan in order to solve it. Your problem actually had many parts, but you took to focusing on small parts of the whole, taking the problem apart piece by piece. And by doing that, you knew just how to handle it.

"I have a plan, guys." You said. You, Loki and Thor had left the barn that you slept in, bringing your horses with you, and were now closer to town. This town was not much different from the one you were in previously. The only difference was that this place wasn't near a saw mill. "I just hope that this first step won't take long."

"What is the first step?" Thor asked you.

You started to answer, but before you could, Loki cut you off. "Isn't it obvious? We still have many miles to travel, and certainly these animals won't get us there fast enough. [Name] said before that we have no money to buy train tickets, but if we could sell the animals -"

You finished the explanation, "Then they should bring us enough money to buy the tickets and have some left over."

"Exactly." Loki agreed with you.

"That's makes perfect sense, yes!" Thor replied.

"Now, we just have to convince someone to buy them from us..." You said.

"It shouldn't be all that difficult." Loki replied to you. "It seems that horses are quite in demand around these times."

"That's certainly true."

You put your plan into place and tried to get the townsfolk to buy the animals from you. You thought that it wouldn't be hard, considering that horses were the main form of transportation for the majority of people in these times, but you couldn't have been more wrong. Many people passed by you, and you tried to get the to stop and talk to you, but most of them just kept on walking. The few people who did stop either said that they already had a horse, or weren't interested in buying one.

You started to get really frustrated. This was supposed to be the easy part of your plan!

Loki and Thor both noticed your aggravation.

"Do not worry." Loki said to you.

"Someone will have to buy the horses, sooner or later." Thor continued.

"Look," Loki continued, pointing to a group of people who were coming your way. "There's some more people. Let's see of we can get them interested."

"Alright." You said taking in a deep breath. As the group of people, two men and two women, got closer, you cleared your throat and then approached them politely. "Howdy, partners. Y'all look like you're in need of some transportation. Could I possibly interest ya in a fine pair of horses?"

One of the women answered you. "Oh! That sounds like-" Before the woman could finish her reply, the man standing next to her, presumably her significant other, shushed her harshly.

That man then spoke to you in a rough voice. "We won't be needin' any horses, thank you."

The group started walking off away from you.