All I Do Is Wait

[Im obsessed]

I stayed in the house a lot because he only lived two streets away from my old house. He went to work all day. I never had a job. I was never allowed to have a job. I was supposed to stay home and cook the food, and clean the house, and be a basic housewife even though I was a man. And we weren't married. I wanted a job, but leaving the house was dangerous right now. At least, that's what Pete said when I told him I wanted to get a job for the first time in my life. I stared at my name on the television. Yeah, I went missing. I was now officially a missing person. Someone knocked on the door. I looked out the window.

"Andy" I said to myself. He and his husband stood at the door. I ran to the door and opened it slowly "You're alone right?"

"Yes, now let us in I've been worried fucking sick" Andy said. I opened the door wider. The two stepped inside shutting the door. I hugged Andy tightly. "Jesus christ there' search parties up and down the streets for you"

"I can't tell them I'm alive or it'll let Ethan find me" I mumbled.

"How can you just fucking trust some guy you had a one night stand with!?" He yelled "Are you insane! " He smacked the back of my head. I slapped him in defense. Joe stood between us.

"Andy you cannot hit him he's the victim of abuse!" Joe yelled. Andy sighed.

"Sorry Patrick" he said. I nodded. We all looked over at the door while it opened. Pete stepped inside.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't know they were coming over-"

"Patrick it's fine. You live here too" Pete said. He looked over at the pair "I'm Pete"

"I'm Joe and this is Andy" Joe said.

"How can I trust you?" Andy asked.

"Andy" Joe warned.

"No I mean it, my best friends living with this guy, how can I trust you? Give me a reason"

"Andy" I said.

"I have a right" he said to me.

"Okay well firstly you're disrespecting him in his own home, secondly, I think him taking me in knowing all of this shit was gonna go down, and letting me live in his home after meeting me twice says a lot about his character. So for once, can you just lay off? I'm on every television in the ten mile radius and my abusive ex is after me, So can you chill the fuck out?" I said. He stared at me and nodded "Thank you" I said.

"Sorry" He said to Pete.

"It's fine" he said. Someone knocked again. Andy looked out the window.

"Fuck" he whispered "It's Ethan" I felt my entire stomach drop. I looked at Pete desperately. He knocked again.

"Calm down" Pete whispered. I was genuinely freaking out so much that I didn't know what to do with myself. I hugged Pete tightly. That's all I could think to do. My first act of affection towards the man who saved me, was out of pure desperation to feel safe. He hugged me back slowly. I closed my eyes letting out a breath. Andy walked over to the door. Pete led me to the hallway where we could hide. He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Ethan" Andy said.

"Is Patrick in here?" Ethan asked "Is this where he is? Who's house is this?" Pete pressed his finger over his lips to signal being silent to me. I felt like I couldn't breathe. He ran his thumb over my lips to calm me down.

"Our friend Pete" Joe said "He's upstairs right now"

"Who is Pete, does he know Patrick?"

"That's why we're here. We wanna know if he saw Patrick" Andy said "Did you follow us here?" Pete stared directly in my eyes. He moved my hair behind my ear. Anything to distract me.

"I wanna talk to this Pete" Ethan said. I begged Pete with my eyes not to leave me.

"I'll be right back" he whispered "You trust me right?"

"With my life" I said. He nodded.

"I promise you, I'll be right back" He stepped out. "Andy?" He asked "Who's at the door?" I closed my eyes leaning against the wall. I needed to calm down. He was playing it off.

"I'm Ethan" He said. I sunk to my knees. Tears fell from my eyes. "I'm looking for my boyfriend. He went missing"

"So I've heard, Patrick right?" Pete asked. 

"Yeah, have you seen him?" He asked.  I gulped and tried not to scream.

"No, haven't seen him, have you tried looking outside of town?" Pete asked.

"That's what we're trying next, thank you anyway" Ethan said.  I heard the door shut and I let out a loud sob.  Pete ran to my side and collected me in his arms.  I cried harder wishing Ethan would just drop fucking dead. 

"It's okay" Pete said gently "It's okay.  I promise you Patrick, you're safe with me" I couldn't respond.  I knew he was right.  I was safe with him.
-----
"I wanna tell you something" I said.  He lit up a cigarette for us to share.  He pushed it into his mouth. 

"What is it?" he asked.  I watched him take the cig out of his mouth and blow the smoke into the air.  I took it from him taking a drag and handed it back.

"I sleep with people to feel something.  Because I've never known love" I said.  "I just wanted to feel something other than fear" He put the cigarette out on the ash tray "I wanted that" I said.  He leaned in and pressed his lips against mine.  I froze up completely while he pulled away.  He stared at me and pressed his lips against my neck.  He nibbled right under my jawline.  I let a small groan escape.  He looked up at me again and kissed me.  This time I kissed back.  His intentions were sex, and I wasn't complaining.