Don't Wanna Be A Drama Queen

Of course as soon as we agreed on seeing other people he had a one night stand the next night.  I sat in the living room doing my online classes trying to ignore the loud sex in the next room.  Yes I took online classes.  Hey, I had an abusive boyfriend, he didn't let me leave the house.  I had my headphones in and I was blasting the loudest music I had into my ears.  I was trying to finish up the essay I'd been working on as Pete walked out completely dressed.  He looked over at me.  I looked up at him then back at my computer.  I typed out the next paragraph.  My dream was to be an author.  But, first I had to take college courses on literature.  I took a bud out.

"What?" I snapped.  "Why the fuck are you staring at me?"

"Woah, calm down, I just wanted to know if you were okay" he said.

"I'm fine" I said.  I pushed the bud back into my ear and went back to writing.  He rolled his eyes and walked into the kitchen.  Damn, clueless much?  I pulled the buds from my ears and left my laptop on the couch so I could pee. 

"Hey" he said.  I ignored him.  "Patrick!" He grabbed my arm.  I instinctively shoved him away.  We stared at each other trying to think of what happens next. 

"Don't touch me" I said. 

"You were letting me touch you last night"

"Just leave me the fuck alone right now Pete" I said.  I tried walking away but he grabbed my hand again.  "Get off!" I yelled.  He let go completely.  I walked into the bathroom and when I got back out, he wasn't in the hallway anymore.
-----
I watched his little whore leave in the morning.  He didn't acknowledge my presence.  I ignored Pete all day.  I had nothing to say to him.

"What'd I do to you?" he asked.  I ignored him.  "I didn't do anything to you Patrick so why the fuck are you treating me like this!?"

"I'm not doing anything!" I yelled.

"You're treating me like shit!  We were fine two days ago!" He waited for a response.  "You know what fine, act like that, I don't care" he grabbed his car keys and stormed out of the house.

"Where're you going!?" I yelled.  I went after him.

"I don't know!?  A bar!?"

"It's eleven in the morning!" I yelled.  He slammed his car door shut and sped away.  Fucking drama queen.