My Little Runaway

I woke up in a bed.  My first instinct was reaching for Pete.   I reached out but the bed was empty so I sat up.  All my memories from the night before rushed back to my aching head.  I looked around my old room. 

"P-Pete!" I yelled.  I got up and ran to the bedroom door.  I got it open and ran out into the kitchen "Pete!" I yelled.  I felt hopeless and terrified.  "Please" I sobbed "Pete!" What was the point?  He wasn't here.  "I adore you" I whispered. 

"I worship you" my eyes went wide.  I looked in the living room. 

"Pete" I said.  I ran to him and hugged him tightly.  But, it didn't smell like Pete.  And it didn't feel like Pete.  I pulled away as some lights clicked on.  Ethan laughed mechanically. 

"I love you" he said in a mocking tone "I love you too" He pushed me backwards "Pathetic" I stared at him.  I felt to weak to fight him.  "You're mine Patrick, you're all mine.  And I'm gonna punish you, all for leaving me.  I was worried!" I felt my hands tremble "You don't get how worried I was!  I wanna keep you safe and you left me!"

"Where's Pete!?" I yelled "Did you hurt him!?"

"He's asleep" he said. "I injected him with a tranquilizer.  But, he's not here"

"Where is he!?" I yelled.

"The house" he said.  Memories of him beating Pete flashed through my head.  I looked at him with fire in my eyes.  I looked over at the table "Now, you need to be good" he said "You're mine" I stared at the large needle on it.  Tranquilizer.  "Look at me when I talk to you!" he screamed.  I glared at him.  A surge pf confidence ran through my veins.

"Fuck you" I said.

"Excuse me!?" he yelled.  I grabbed the needle.

"Fuck you!" I screamed.  I slammed it into his arm and pushed the plunger down.  He ripped it out of his arm after I'd gotten it into him.  I punched him hard across the face. He slammed the needle in my arm and pushed the rest of the tranq.  Then he passed out.  I groggily made my way to a phone.  I dialed Petes number.

"Hello!?" he yelled.  My eyes were getting heavy.  "Hello!?" he screamed louder.

"I-I adore, you" I whispered.  I fell to the ground.

"Patrick!" he screamed.  I dropped the phone and let the drug take over.  And I prayed I woke up first.