There's A Way Out

I woke up again. This time I wasn't in a hospital bed, I was on the floor of my old home. I sat up quickly feeling like I was going to cry my eyes out. It was a dream. It was a fucking dream. Pete wasn't here, and I wasn't at the hospital. It was all a dream. I stood up and ran out into the living room. He was still asleep on the floor. I looked up at the house phone and grabbed it. I dialed Petes number.

"Hello!? Patrick!?"

"I can't talk loud" I whispered "He's asleep"

"Where are you!?"

"My old apartment, I'm scared" I said quietly "I don't know what to do I-" The phone was slammed out of my hand.

"Bitch!" Ethan yelled.  I turned around and punched him in the face as hard as I could.  He yelled out in pain so I did it again.  I grabbed the phone and put it to my ear.

"Pete?"

"What's going on!?"

"I love you" I said.  I threw the phone and punched Ethan again.   I rammed him against the wall.  "I hate you!" I yelled.  I punched again.  "I hate you!"  He sobbed in pain.  And so did I.  I cried harder "I hate everything you did to me!" One more punch had him on the ground.  I kicked him hard in the ribs.  I slammed my foot down on his stomach.  He spit up blood.  I kept punching until someone was pulling me off.  I sobbed agin "I hate you" I said. 

"Patrick" Pete said "Patrick stop he's down" I stood up straighter.  I hugged Pete tightly.  "Oh god" He hugged back and pressed his face against the top of my head "Patrick you're safe" he said.  His voice broke a little "You're alive" He cried.  Oh great, now we're both crying "I love you so much"

"I love you" I said "What took you so damn long"

"We had to wait until we were certain you were in danger.  Thats what the police said at least.  I think it's bullshit"

"I wanna go home" I said.  He nodded. 
-----
"I had a dream about you" I said.  He looked up from the book he was reading.  I sat down on our couch next to him.  "I was in the hospital, and you were holding me and telling me I was strong"

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah" I laid my head on his shoulder.

"What now?" he asked "Move back home?" I stared at the wall in thought.  Was that such a good idea?