9.

thump... thump... thump...
Here I was again. Ready to go, ready for my heartbeat to rapidly increase and for me to have no desire to stop it. I feel my body start to struggle and then it happens: THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! the pain hurt but it was bearable. I was feeling light headed, I knew it was time.

Suddenly I heard multiple screams and rattling. Lani?
I rose from the tub gasping for the air I so desperately needed. I get out the tub with the smoke falling down my body. The mirror was foggy and the air was stuffy as I stood up. I look back at the water the could have ended it all. until next time old friend.

I open the bathroom door and walk towards the steps to hear the screams clearer.

"OWN YOUR SHIT OLD MAN AND ADMIT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!" Lani screams.
"I-I" dad stutters back. I quickly run to my room to put on clothes, my body was still moist from the air in the bathroom making it hard for me to get dressed. The clothes stuck to my body but I was determined to go fast and see what was going on.

I bolt down the stair and see Lani standing with 2 officers across from dad. They all were yelling, the officers yelling at Lani to calm down, Lani yelling at dad, dad yelling at the officers telling them nothing was wrong. I inched closer towards the chaos.

"What the hell is going on?" I yell over them. The room went silent and all attention was all on me. Suddenly the lady officer approached me and rubbed my cheek with her thumb. "What happened here? Did your father hit you?" She asked rubbing over the big purple. Raise that spread across my cheek. I looked at Lani and she looked at dad.

I went mute. If I tell the truth dad would be sent away and Lani would be my guardian and I know she can't handle that pressure. But if I lie Lani will hate me and dad will get away with his violence once again. I should have killed myself when I had the chance.

I could tell The officer was eager to get answers. "You all are coming with us down to the station to see child services to discuss all of this because if I can't get the answers they will. Let's go."