37.

We all stared at each other in awe, and in silence. Grayson licked his lips gently then lifted the phone close to his mouth to speak, you could see the shock in his gaze. "What do you want E?" he asked as his voice trailed off a bit. Ethan chuckled and continued the conversation, "Wow.. not even a hello? Or a how are you doing Ethan? tsk tsk." He says sarcastically. Grayson rolled his eyes and sighed restating his original question, "how are you Ethan?" He asks harsh. My and Aaron looked at each other then back at the phone.

Ethan sighs, "Not well actually." Ethan answered as if he thought Grayson actually wanted to know. "I'm in jail because of my OWN brother and he doesn't even visit me damn that kinda hurts me bro."
"YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF!" Grayson says loud which caused a couple people to glance our way. Grayson seemed to notice and lowered his voice and he continued, "You did this, you got all crazy don't blame this on me. You need help bro." He says more calm.
"no no NO! This was ALL you and you KNOW IT! You turned me into this. YOU DID! and now IM PAYING THE CONSEQUENCES FOR IT!!" Ethan responds loud and intense you can hear him punch the wall with each syllable his annunciated loud. But he suddenly got calmer and more eerie, "I'll be out soon enough, and I'll get the revenge I need, but until then I've been having someone keep tabs on you so I know what you've been doing since you never visit me."

"Y-you've been having someone watch me"
"mhmm. Now I know everything you've been up to" He answered. There was a scary second of silence but he spoke again in whisper, "tell taya I say hello." Graysons eyes shot open, and my stomach dropped. "Ethan I swear if you-"
"WATCH YOUR BACK GRAYSON. AND HERS" Ethan interrupted yelling then hanging up the phone quickly. My head ached, my stomach hurt. I just wanted to go home. Before I can even take a breath and fathom what had just happened to me an even worse event happens. Paranoid, Grayson looks out the window and around Ricos while wrapping his arm around me. Aaron wanted to say something but a part of him knew he shouldn't.

"I want to go home, I-i just want to go home." I stutter soft staring into the stains of the dirty table. Grayson nods and we start to make our way out the booth. Before we could turn around to leave Aaron jumps out his seat, "ca- can I, can I go with you guys.. I- I don't want to die today." He says serious. Grayson looks down at me and I give permission with a nod. Grayson jerked his head hack signaling Aaron to 'come on.' and he does so. We walk cautiously down the street, trusting NO ONE. Every time some one looked in our direction Grayson pulled me closer. In a matter of minutes we heard a car screech down the street and zoom in our direction, I looked at Grayson with fear so did Aaron. He grabbed my hand and I grabbed Aaron's and we ran. We bolted past everyone in our path in my mind all I could think about is how I was so afraid of death than I had ever been in my entire life. My breaths got shorter, and I could feel Aaron slow down but Grayson was determined to keep going. The car started to speed faster and faster toward us and eventually was in front of us and slammed the brakes. We all stopped in our tracks and braced our selves for what was gonna happen next. A voice yelled from the drivers side window, "WHAT THE FUCK T?"

It was Lani. We all exhaled with relief and jogged toward the car. I was both pissed and happy it was Lani in that car. She began to rant but I ignored her and made my way to the passenger seat but it was already occupied by Zach, the nurse from the hospital. I didn't even know what to feel anymore, all this anger, fear and sadness was staring to drain all my energy and my ability to think. I just slid to the seat behind the driver and stared out the window while Grayson and Aaron followed in after me. Lani stomped to the drivers seat and when she did she goes off again, "TAYA WHAT THE HELL? WHY THE FUCK DID YOU LEAVE? WHERE DID YOU EVEN GO? WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME? DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS?" She continued to ramble as she adjusted the seat and turned the ignition. If I held in any more emotions I would explode so I just let it all out

"SERIOUSLY?? NOW YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT ME? WHAT ABOUT AT THE HOSPITAL WHEN DAD WAS ATTACKING ME AND GRAYSON AND I COULD BARELY MOVE? WHERE WERE YOU? OH! LET ME GUESS GIVING S BLOW JOB TO MR. GUY NURSE OVER HERE! YOU WERE NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! AND WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE TIMES I'VE TRIED TO KILL MYSELF, WHERE WERE YOU THEN? YOU ARE NEVER TO BE FOUND WHEN I NEED YOU MOST! SO STOP TRYING TO ACT LIKE YOU CARE ABOUT ME NOW, STOP TRYING TO BE MY MOTHER JUST STICK TO WHAT YOU'RE GOOD AT: RUINING YOUR LIFE AND SUCKING DICKS!!!" I yell.