42.

I felt my hands grow sweaty and Grayson's heart beat. The man lowers his bat and turned white as if he'd seen a ghost, "w-w-what are you- how did yo- why are you here Grayson haven't you done enough? Did you come back here to take some more stuff to sell for your drugs?? I'm calling the police" The man finally managed to spit out words. He then began to stomp off but Grayson's words caused him to pause. "I'm- we're in some trouble and we need to get out of here or we will be killed. It's Ethan." Grayson confessed everything but it's like he was talking to a wall.
"Grayson shut it. Ethan is locked up thanks to you! He can't hurt you nor kill you."
"Dad you don't understand he has people on the outside and he's gonna-"
"He can't do anything because of you Grayson!" His dad calmed himself by breathing heavily containing his anger and then continuing softly.

"Me and your mother were gonna go visit him you're welcome to come... in your own transportation of course." And in that moment we made eye contact, he looked at me as if it's the first time he had noticed me in the room. "Who is she?" He points at me and I freeze but I stood out from behind Grayson and spoke for myself. "I-I'm Taya. And sir Grayson is telling you the truth, we really are in danger and we just came to get some clothes so we can leave, we never meant to cause any harm or disturbance." I say shaky but proud I got all the words out. He stood there not buying it. "Where are you going?"

My mind went blank and I saw Gray clench his jaw, we hadn't thought about where. He smiled and laughed dryly. "Lying again, I'm calling the police." He begins to march off but Grayson runs after him. "Dad please don't do this just please, I-I." He paused and ran his fingers through his hair. "We'll go. I will leave empty handed it's cool just keep cops out of this." His dad looked at him then back at me and jerked his head towards the window. "Get outta here." Grayson nods and walks towards me pulling my hand. "C'mon" we both exited through the window and before we could look back the door was shut and his dad was gone. We lay on the roof for a moment thinking of what to do and where to go, suddenly Grayson spat out an idea, "lets do it, lets go visit Ethan." He then sits up quick and adds more. "That way we make sure he's still in there and we'll be in the safest spot, there's police and security everywhere. So if he has someone following us trying to do his dirty work for him they can't do shit."

He exhales with relief as if that was the best plan he had ever come up with. I sit up next to him wiping the dust and dirt off my body from the filthy roof we lay on and nod my head in agreement. I don't know why we didn't just do this sooner. Gray leads the way off the roof and I follow shortly behind him. We wait for his parents to leave which takes about 15 minutes, we Stan behind a prickly bush that rubbed against my jeans causing me to itch. They finally drove off and Grayson bolted into the garage where an old deep red jeep sat collect dust. "This is my sisters car." He explains as he hops into the drivers seat dusting off the dash board, I hop into the passenger seat paranoid we were gonna get caught. "Gray won't she notice if her car is missing, won't your parents know?" I say cautiously looking behind us invade their parents had turned back because they had forgetter something. "Nah, Cams at college this cars been in here for months and she doesn't come back till like Christmas Time and my parents won't be back until later and if they notice her car is missing we will be long gone before they knew it was me." He says as if he had been planning this out for days. I go with his flow and buckle up. "Um where the keys?" I ask searching the glove department. Grayson chuckled then looked at me, "we don't keys." He begins to Hotwire the jeep and flashes of electricity begin to jump and the hum of the car gets faster and louder. "How the fuck did you-"
The car finally begins to start and he buckles up, "don't ask." He laughs dryly. I smirk at him and roll my eyes and we were on our way. We drove to the jail Ethan was held and the ride there was perfect. The wind was blowing and sun was on the peak on setting and the soft smooth music played on a low volume Grayson held my hand and steered with his left hand, everything in that moment was ideal. But I knew once we opened the doors for the jail it was gonna become a nightmare.