28.

I bite my lips then suddenly I spoke. "A-actually drop me off here. I'm going to grab a smoothie and probably hit up a friends house." I lie through my teeth. She nods and pulls off to the side. We exchange hugs and goodbyes and I wait for her to pull off before I approach Jake. I watched her drive away then make my way towards the target. He had a bottle of juice and what looked to be a rice crispy treat in his grasp he opens the door to leave and suddenly our eyes meet and the first thing he does is laugh. I growl and stomp towards him I tried to control my self but my anger over powered my being and I lashed out on him, attacking him.
His juice busted open after being slammed into the concrete and rice crispy treat smushed from him landing on it after I had pushed him to the ground.

"WHAT THE HELL JAKE???" I screamed, suddenly I was on top of him slapping him continuously. He covered his face trying to dodge my hits, "whoa whoa, chill out CHILL!!" He grabs my wrists and says to me firmly. "stop!" I exhale letting the rest of my anger flow out of me. I get off him rubbing my skinned knee. He gets up and picks up if what is left of his juice container and rice crispy treat. He wiped dust and grime off him from being so viciously pushed to the ground. "What the fuck was tha-"
"for letting your 'boys' attack Grayson and Aaron you asshole!" I felt eyes on me, strangers were suddenly interfering with my focus but I kept my eyes on Jake. He looks back at me. "oh? Is that what he told you?" He laughs. He then talks stern, "you know NOTHING about him do you sweetheart? You think Ethan was bad.. you haven't heard nothing yet!" I pace towards him hoping he would elaborate more.

He then sees the strange eyes glued to us and leans close, "how bout we go somewhere a little more private eh?" He whispers. I roll my eyes and then nod. We began walking, it was getting late and the weather was shifting and becoming cold. I break silence. "Why did you attack Grayson? Was it because he wouldn't join back in your little drug scandal?" He stops in his steps and looks at me strange. "Taya, you're actually going to believe him? Look-" he then continues to walk with me, "yes I did have my people attack gray but only because he attacked me first!" I scoff at his lie. "You think I'm kidding? No, he saw me talking to you and he probably got all jealous and he attacked me yelling at me to stay away from you, so I did what I had to." He finishes. My cheeks get hot at the mention of Grayson being protective over me but I tried to hide it in front of Jake. I opened my mouth and smile, "he got jealou-"

"You're so clueless it's pathetic." He interrupts laughing at the sky. "You still don't know what he did for me do you and you're falling for him."
I feel a pit in my stomach, why does he keep bringing that up? Was it so bad? I fixed my mouth to speak but some other boy beat me to it, "JAKE YOU COMIN'?" A lanky tall blonde kid with a skateboard hollered from across the street. Jake gave him a nod and made his way towards him. "Grayson ain't that innocent babe." He says before disappearing with his buddy. I scoff and walk home, one my brain viciously nagged at me if what it was gray did but another  was focusing on what dad would be acting like today. I finally reach my street when I see dad sitting there on the porch steps whistling.

I swallow hard before approaching trying to figure out what to say but he seemed to already have a conversation started. "..I love this time of day." He looks around and smile and suddenly inhales hard at the fresh air. I started to question everything. He looks to me and smiles again. "How was your girls day?"
I laugh nervous, "it was- eventful and exhausting." I announce as I inch my way to the step next to him. "How's that boy? Ya'know.. that Grayson kid." He then asks stern. He then grits his teeth as he waits for an answer. "He-uh he's good." I lie. He nods his head. "Well since you seem to like him I guess I should get to know him." He smiles slightly. I look at him and sigh, "Dad I probably know as much as you do."