39.

My heart dropped to the ground. Kai. I could feel myself breath panicky trying to comprehend the news. Grayson was speechless as he stood there next to me eyes wide open in shock. I looked over at Aaron who was completely pale. He froze. He suddenly swallowed hard and very softly he spoke, "w-where?" Lucas licked his lips that were dry from the cold of the outside. "Janos!" He answered, "If we hurry we can make it back before the ambulance and ride with her to the hospital!"
Aaron nodded at the idea, without hesitation he bolted through the door and started running along with Lucas to Janos leaving me and Grayson in the dust. We looked at each other with nothing but silence lingering in the air and finally ran after them moments later. I could hear the wind whipping past my ears as we ran after Aaron and Lucas, Grayson wasn't fair behind me. In my mind I could only hope we weren't too late and that Kai would still be okay. I begin to cry but the wind was so strong it dried my eyes in an instant.

We slowed down as we reached the destination, Lucas guides Aaron around back where he says Kai had been shot we all gather round, the anticipation of seeing such a young girl laying there harmed made my heart ache. But something didn't feel right. It was quiet, too quiet. If Kai had been shot there would be people surrounding her and causing a commotion, there would be sirens heard from down the block of an ambulance at the rescue. But there was nothing. I look at Grayson hoping he would have the same suspicion I did, he didn't. His gaze was blank and pale with sadness. When we finally reached the back way my suspicion was corrected. There was nothing there, no Kai, No ambulance, nothing. Aaron looked around in confusion sniffling the tears and then looking at Lucas, "w-where is Kai? Are we too late?" He says wiping his nose with the edge of his sleeve. Lucas shook his head then scoffed, "Kai hasn't been shot you idiot. We know better than to kill a little kid."

I knew it. Grayson frowned and stepped closer to Lucas, "We?" He asked in an angered tone. "Yes we." Lucas mocked, "I've been teaming up with your brother and some others." He announces. He looks at all of us and laughs. "Wow, Ethan didn't think I could do it. He didn't think I could make you fall for it but you DID! aaaahh he's gonna be proud." Lucas smiles at himself. I step in and ask my own question that's been bumping in my head, "you're the one keeping tab son us for E?" I asked knowing I already knew the answer. Lucas bowed down as if he gave the best performance of his life, "Indeed I am." He smiled. Aaron looks at him in disgust. "What the fuck Lucas? How could you do this? You were my friend!" Lucas glared at Aaron and chuckled dryly. "Friend? I was never your friend. I was always your second choice, yo-your 'knockoff version of Grayson'." He said in disgust. "You didn't know the distance I would go for friendship, but now you know. Ethan's been a good friend and I intend to return the favor." He smiles eerily. Grayson frowns and begins to run towards Lucas to attack him it before he could make contact Lucas whips out a gun and lays it on Grayson's chest. Without hesitation Grayson puts his hands up and swallowed hard.

Me and Aaron were on verge of tears and gasping in fear the person we loved would be killed right before us. Lucas licked his lips and spoke. "tsk tsk tsk, don't try that shit again Dolan." He warned. He pushed Grayson back and he fell in my arms. I felt his heart beating, I knew he was terrified, I was too, we ALL were. Lucas sighed and the looked over at Aaron who had tears in his face and his body moved shakily. "Man, we could have been good friends. But, you chose him over me." Lucas shrugged his shoulder and shook his head in disappointment. "Id love to stay and chat but.. " he stopped and checked his watch. "It's getting late and visiting hours are almost over and Ethan was a full report so.." he cocks the guns fast and shoots Aaron. "NO!" Me and Grayson both shouted. We ran to his aid as Aaron struggled to stay on his feet he feel to the ground but Grayson was already there to catch his fall. I run trying to cover his wound. Aaron was blinking slower and slower by the second which scared the hell out of me and Gray. I whip out my phone stealthy so Lucas wouldn't see and kill me too. Me and Grayson both looked at him with curiosity of who he would shoot next. He read our gaze. "Oh don't worry. I'm not gonna shoot you guys." He puts the gun back in the holster in his jacket, "Ethan has a special little some one to do that honor." And with that said Lucas ran off within minutes he was out of sight. I quickly called 911 and told them our situation and our location and they were on their way. Grayson put his head on Aaron's and sobbed, within seconds people started coming around to see what had happened. There was commotion and yelling and gasps surrounded Aaron's body. I was scared to imagine what was gonna happen next.