Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sarah opened her eyes. She wasn't where she'd been earlier. Now it seemed she was in a dungeon. Slowly she remembered why she'd woken up. She thought she heard someone say her name. Heard him say it. She looked around her. As she tried to pull her arms down, Sarah heard the sound of chains. Looking overhead, she saw her hands were chained to the wall behind her. Straw lay on the cold stone floor. A single ray of light came through the only window. Sarah blinked. Although there were other places for others to be held, she was alone. Where was she?

Hearing a sound to her right, she watched as the woman from last night walked through the door. Behind her were two other women. One was slender while the other was well not slender and defiantly not pretty. Sarah watched them as they stood in front of her. The leader looked down at her. A cruel smile appeared on her face. "Well, Sarah, I hope you are well." Sarah stood up. Something about these made her not want to be sitting down. "Why did you bring me here? And where the hell is here anyway?"

The Queen raised a finger. "Ts. Ts. I'm a queen you will address as such mortal." She raised her hand, but nothing happened. She looked back at the other two and then turned to face Sarah. "Well, it seems Jareth has a protection spell on you. He was always too clever." Blinking looked at the women. Jareth. The Goblin King. If she knew who he was, then she had to be near the labyrinth somehow. But that was dream. The Queen came closer to Sarah. "I will tell you this. I'm using you gain power. I will make a bargain with Jareth. He has to solve his own labyrinth with the use of his magic in thirteen hours or he'll lose his kingdom to me and of course you die." Sarah watched as the three women began to walk out. The two left the Queen. She turned to face Sarah one last time. "Oh, and don't think he can see you in here. His magic can't reach here." Sarah watched her leave. When she was alone, she smiled. "He may not be able to see me, but if I called him he'd come just like before."

Jareth stood in the ballroom surrounded by other kings and queens, but he was alone. His plan was to have Sarah here and announce something different than what he would have to say now. Toby and her friends still didn't know. He should have told them, but now he was the Goblin King at the moment even if his heart was searching for her. He watched as the others danced. All he saw was a girl with emerald eyes wearing a gold and white dress dancing in his arms. Sarah, where are you? If she had been trouble she would have called. Then he remembered. When she called him the first time, she thought he was a dream. The second he didn't know. The dwarf had even said that she didn't try to communicate with any of her friends here in years. But why would she call him? So Sarah was trying to forget the Underground or did she believe it was all a dream? Glancing to his left, he watched Toby chatting with his friends. Regretting not telling him his was missing, Jareth walked toward him. He needed to tell the four because they just might have to help him find her. As he reached Toby, a woman appeared at the top of the grand staircase. Jareth looked up. Mizumi.

She walked down the staircase with her daughters behind her. He wished she didn't have to come. It would have felt better if Sarah were with him. He watched as she came directly to him. Why could she not understand? He was Sarah's and much as she was his. Mizumi stopped in front of him. He watched as she curtseyed in front of him. "Your Majesty." Jareth bowed. "Your Highness." She came nearer and placed a hand on his arm. "Jareth, you don't look well." Of course I don't my soul mate is missing. Instead of showing his true self to her, he smiled. "I'm Mizumi, but thank you for asking." She looked at him and nodded. "Care to dance with me?" Jareth smiled. "It would be my pleasure." He led her onto the dance floor. As they danced, his mind wasn't on the woman in his arms, but the one is his mind. When the music, he made his way to the front of the room to make his announcement. Before he reached the small stage, a pain came over him. Something was calling his soul. Sarah. She was calling him. He could feel her. Sarah was calling him, but he couldn't tell where she was.

The pain lessened some. Jareth sent a message he hoped she could understand. Keep calling me, I can't tell where you are. I promise I'll find you. She may not be Fae, but Sarah would put up a fight. Now he knew he couldn't make Toby his heir. He had to announce that his soul mate was in the Underground but someone was holding her prisoner. And he just might know who that someone was.

Sarah looked around her. The dungeon was now a cave of darkness. She had no idea if her call and gotten to him, but she prayed and hoped it did. He would find her. No matter what she had gotten herself into he had saved her. Now she need the Goblin King more than ever cause she wasn't the only one in danger if he failed.