Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jareth stood looking over the other royalty. Hoggle, Sir Didymus, Toby, and Ludo stood next to him. All stood looking at him in shock. Toby came closer. "Someone has my sister. What are we going to do?" Jareth smiled to himself. He may not have Sarah's hair or eyes, but he had her passion. And he would go to the ends of the earth for his sister much like she had once. He turned to the four watching him. "We have to wait and see who it is. I have an idea who it could be, but we have to wait." Hoggle slowly came forward. Fifth-teen years ago he wouldn't even dare to go against Jareth, but after Sarah… "We have to rescues her now!" Jareth looked down at the dwarf. Was this the same Hoggle who once feared him defying him? A smile spread on his face and he kneeled down. "Hoggle, we'll rescue, but first we need to find out who has her and what they want." Jareth left the group and began to walk back down to the dance floor. No one held someone's soul mate without wanting something, but what did she want from him. His kingdom. Or just him. As he reached the floor he looked around, Mizumi was standing with her daughter to one side watching him. Sarah, I will find you. Don't worry.

Jareth stood near his throne on the platform. The royalty and nobles stood around waiting to hear his announcement. He glanced over at Toby and the others. Closing his eyes, he pictured Sarah beside him. Give me strength, Sarah. Looking out over them, he cleared his throat. "This ball was originally supposed to be when I announced my heir, but something has happened. Someone here has kidnapped the Great Sarah. I want to know who." As the crowd looked at each other, Queen Mizumi came closer to the platform. The crowd became silent when she walked onto it and faced the Goblin King. Jareth looked at her hoping all of his anger and hate could be seen in his eyes. She looked at him and then the crowd.

"I did it. She is hidden well. I have a bargain to make with you, Jareth. You must solve my labyrinth in thirteen hours without your magic. If you do I will give you back your Sarah, but if you lose I gain you kingdom and she will die." A swirl of wind surrounded her and she disappeared. Jareth looked at Toby, his friends, and the others. He walked toward them. The crowd looked on as they disappeared. After awhile, each left the Castle beyond the Goblin city. The goblins looked at each other as they went home. All hoped their king succeeded.

Sarah awoke again. The early morning light was beginning to fill the room. Her dry throat couldn't make a sound. Looking around hoping to find something to drink, she heard the door open. A little woman came in with food and water. She didn't speak as she helped Sarah to drink and eat. When Sarah was finished she left. Sarah closed her eyes. Jareth, where are you? Opening her eyes, she allowed herself to imagine. She called to mind a story she was writing. As the character lived their tale she kept hoping he would find her.

Jareth stood outside Mizumi's labyrinth. Toby and the others stood behind him. The doors opened and he walked in. The thriteen hours had begun. As he made his first choice, Mizumi smiled. Jareth wouldn't win. She wouldn't allow it. She would gain his kingdom.