Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Jareth looked around him. The other nobles and royalty of his world danced around him. He stood against a wall waiting for Sarah. She should be here already. He noticed Toby with his friends. Toby was smiling at Moppet. He needed to talk him about her. He glanced at the staircase and saw Sarah walking down. She is beautiful in that gown. At least I didn't ask her to wear the other one. Slowly he made his way to her. He needed her by his side and he would this time.

Sarah looked around her. Where is he? He said he'd be where I could see him from the stairs. She felt and hand on her wrist. Turning to face the hand, Sarah smiled. Jareth took her hand as she put her other on his shoulder. The two danced. The song from fifth-teen years ago heard in both of their minds.

There's such a sad love

Deep in your eyes, a kind of pale jewel

Open and closed within your eyes

I'll place the sky within your eyes

There's such a fooled heart

Beating so fast in search of new dreams

A love that will last within your heart

I'll place the moon within your heart

As the pain sweeps through

Makes no sense for you

Every thrill has gone

Wasn't too much fun at all

But I'll be there for you-oo-oo

As the world falls down

Falling

(As the world) Falling down

Falling in love

I'll paint you mornings of gold

I'll spin you Valentine evenings

Though we're strangers till now

We're choosing the path between the stars

I'll leave my love between the stars

As the two danced on, the other watched in wonder. None knew who she was. Would he now change his mind about giving up his throne? They watched as the slowed and walked to the platform on which the throne set on.

Jareth looked at the people surrounding the throne. "I'm advocating my throne." The crowd gasped. I knew they thought I wasn't going to still do that. He squeezed Sarah's hand. "My heir is…..Spittledrum." The crowd turned as the Goblin Mayor fainted. Jareth turned to Sarah smiled. "I do believe that was better than I thought it would be." Sarah smiled back at him.