Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jareth stood looking into Sarah's eyes. She was alive. He glanced at Mizumi. She was looking at the clock as it stuck the final tone. I did it. He walked toward Sarah. He waved his hand and the bonds around her wrist came lose. Sarah rubbed her wrist as Jareth kneeled beside her. "Are you all right?" She smiled at him. "I'm fine." He rose and walked to Mizumi. Mizumi looked at him in anger. "You cheated. She helped you. I said no magic." Jareth stood in front of her smiling. "You said I couldn't use magic. You never said anything about Sarah." She glanced around. Jareth realized she was looking for her daughters. "They're not coming." Mizumi moved back as Jareth came forward. "Come on, Jareth. I didn't hurt her. She's safe." The Goblin King kept pushing her back. "You kidnap her. You put her in your dungeon and chain her up. Do you really think you didn't hurt her?"

Sarah stood up and listened to him. Yes he was angry, but that didn't mean he could… "Jareth, stop!" He turned to face her. His face full of worry, fear, and love. "Sarah, she threatened to kill you and you want me to stop." Sarah walked to his side. "I'm asking that you leave her be. Yes, she did all that. I won't deny it, but if you do this it may make things worse later."

Jareth looked at Sarah. She'd be a great queen. If I wasn't giving up my throne…Jareth turned to face Mizumi. She was looking at him with anger and fear in her eyes. "You're lucky today, Mizumi." He took Sarah's hand and walked away. Mizumi slide down the wall. He'd beaten her with the help of that mortal. How could he?

Jareth led Sarah to the main hall of the castle. He stopped and looked at her. She wasn't looking at him. "Sarah, what's wrong?" This isn't my Sarah. My Sarah would look at me. That night from about a month ago came back into his mind. "Sarah?" She still didn't look at him. I give up. She'll tell me later. I hope. He took her hands into his and teleported them to the group waiting for them outside the labyrinth.