Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Toby sat on a rock as his friends tried to keep his hopes up. He'd already cried once. Glancing at Hoggle, he could see the dwarf talking to Ludo and Sir Didymus. The three appeared to be making a plan of some sort. As they began to head toward the gates, Sarah and Jareth appeared.

Sarah ran to her brother and hugged him. The smile on her face relaxed everyone. Hoggle walked over to her. Sarah kneeled down and hugged him. "I'm sorry, Hoggle." Hoggle smiled at her with tears in his eyes. "You have no reason to be sorry, Sarah." Her other friends looked on as Sarah rose and was introduced to Toby's friends.

Jareth stood and watched Sarah reunite with her friends and meet

Toby's. Would she stay this time if I asked her? Sarah turned to look at him. Here it comes.

Sarah walked over to Jareth and stood in front of him. "What is Toby talking about?" Jareth looked at the ground. "I had thought to make him my heir. I don't know what I'll do now. That's up to you, Sarah." She looked at him. "Me? What do I have to do with your decision?" Then it came to her. Her choice to stay or go. She turned and looked at the others. Sarah returned her stare to Jareth. "Can we leave here now?" Jareth smiled. The group left the walls and reappeared inside the throne room in the Castle beyond the Goblin city.