Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Jareth looked around the Labyrinth for the last time. Everything he knew stood in front of him. I'll be a stranger in a strange world. But I'll have Sarah and our child. He looked around him. Hoggle, Sir Didymus, and Ludo stood to the side saying good-bye to Sarah, while Toby did the same to his friends. Yes, I'm giving up my immortality, but I'll have enough power to allow them to visit us and for them to chat with each other.

Sarah looked over at Jareth. He was watching her. She turned to face her friends. "It seems we have done this before." Sir Didymus looked at her while trying to hide his tears. "Milady, I would gladly serve you if I was allowed to…" Sarah shook her head. "You can't come with us." Ludo looked at her. "Sarah friend." Sarah reached out and petted his arm. "Yes, I'll always be your friend, Ludo." She kneeled down in front of Hoggle. He looked at her not hiding his tears. "I guess this is good-bye, Sarah." Sarah hugged him. "Oh, Hoggle." Jareth walked over to Sarah. He watched as Sarah and Hoggle separated. She looked at him with tears in her eyes. He kneeled down beside the two of them. "Hoggle, you can come with us if you want to." Everyone stood in shock. Sarah looked at him. "You got his name right!" Jareth looked at her. "I've always known his name. I just did that to annoy him." Hoggle looked between the two. Sarah, my friend. Jareth, the one person I fear. But if it means I get to stay with her. "I'll come if Sarah want me."

Sarah looked between the two. "Hoggle, I don't want to come unless you want to." Hoggle took her head and smiled. "I want to, but I just wanted to know if you were all right with it." Sarah pulled Hoggle into a hug. "You're sweet, Hoggle." Sarah and Jareth stood. Toby came running to them. He looked at his sister. "I can't wait to get home." Sarah looked at him. "Toby." He smiled. "I know I can't tell anyone. Everyone would think I crazy, but at least you'll know and this time I'll remember." The group stood together and the remaining creatures waved good-bye.

The group appeared in Sarah's living room. Sarah walked off in search of Morgan, her cat. She found her hiding under the bed. She came back carrying her when she noticed the clock. It was only 12:30. He made it so I was only gone. Suddenly her phone was ringing. Sarah picked it. "Sarah, your brother is missing. Do you know where he is?" Sarah rolled her eyes and she watched Toby sit on the sofa with Jareth as he turned on the T.V. "He came here instead of coming home tonight. Sorry, I should I have called." Irene went on about how "that wasn't responsible." Sarah hung the phone and joined the men in the living room. She curled up beside Jareth. He put his arm on her shoulder as she put her head on his chest. Closing her eyes, she could hear him as he, Hoggle, and Toby talked. This will work. He gave up so much for me. We'll make it work for our baby. The group sat watching the T.V. as Toby explained it as best he could till everyone fell asleep. The former Goblin King finally had his Sarah, but he now had to learn to live in her world.