chapter two: crush

veronica

i had a crush on a straight girl.

i know, oh i know that the number one is to never fall in love with a straight girl! but if you were me, could you help it?
but sadly, betty was hopelessly in love with archie andrews and i could do nothing about it. archie was sweet and sure was hot, but i was hotter.

i tapped my pen on my desk, leaning my head to the side as i was lost in thought. betty was doing all the work for science right now, i couldn't really be bothered to cut open a frog. it was gross, and i was vegetarian.

she tapped me on the shoulder. "ronnie. you've got to do some of the work." betty told her with a hint of a smile. i moved closer to betty to see what she was doing, but didn't understand much.

"um, what are we.." betty cut me off, "doing?" i laughed quietly. the teacher glanced my way, looking at me through her glasses with a glare before going back to her paperwork.
"we're supposed to find where it's stomach is." betty mumbled to me and then handed the tweezers and other multiple tools to me.

i nervously looked around inside the dead frog before poking something. "hey, i think i found it." i leaned into betty to get her attention. her cheeks were a flushed red and i noticed that she had been staring at archie and cheryl. cheryl was twirling her auburn hair around her finger while archie was smiling flirtatiously at her.

i simply rolled my eyes. if archie couldn't understand how good betty is as relationship material he didn't deserve her. "um, okay let's tell the teacher." betty said, her voice almost inaudible. i could tell she was bothered by cheryl and him interacting, ever since the cheerleading tryouts i've noticed cheryl and her didn't share the most kindest relationship.

god, i've only known her for a few days and there's already drama.