CHAPTER 1

Sidney had been staring at the parking lot for quite some time. She had always been the type who believed in true love and was always drawn to happy couples. She tied to squint her eyes harder. Now she was sure the face was familiar. She couldn't point out the exact location she had seen it but she knew she had seen him before. There was something about him that made her feel drawn. She moved her gaze to scrutinize the lady standing next to him. She laughed and occasionally touched him as they conversed. Her eyes moved back to the guy, he was tall, light skinned, had nicely shaved hair. He looked gentle and loving, judging from the way he was handling the lady.

She was busy admiring them when she was distracted by some noise.

"Sidney!!!" Lavina shouted.

"What are you looking at? We have been discussing about our last semester and you have been daydreaming" Dina complained

"Whatever captures Sidney's attention has got to be good" Tanya stood to look at the direction her friend had been caught staring.

The girls; Sidney, Dina, Tanya and Lavina were having lunch at their favorite burger spot in Gigiri. It was an outdoor food court, very popular with the young people. The four had been friends ever since their early teen. They had gone to the same high school and were now in the same campus although pursuing different courses. They all had an inseparable friendship.

"Sid are you staring at Sean?" Tanya asked in disbelief.

"Who is Sean" she asked still looking at the parking area.

"That guy next to the black car with the lady dressed in blue" Tanya replied. Lavina and Dina stood to get a better view.

"I know him he goes to our campus" Lavina told them.

"Yes I also know him. He is in sixth year pursuing an Engineering degree. He is my friend" Tanya replied casually.

Tired of spying Dina sat down to continue eating her meal.

"Okay Tanya if he is your friend why don't you call him over" Dina replied with a mischievous grin.

Without hesitating Tanya was already shouting Sean's name. He turned and looked at their direction, talked to the lady and after a few seconds began walking towards their table. Sidney nervously sat back on her chair while Lavina and Tanya remained standing. They said hi, talked for a few seconds then introduced him to Dina and Sidney. Dina was quick to flirt.
Half of him was listening to what she was saying while the other half was focused on Sidney.

She had the most beautiful face, he could smell the scent of her perfume from where he stood and noticed how she kept on licking her lips nervously but still managed to look composed. He greeted her and held her hand for a few extra seconds. They felt like silk under his.

Sean talked to them but the whole time his eyes were on Sidney.

"What the hell is wrong with this guy" Sidney cursed in her mind.

At the same time she couldn't help but steal glances at him. He was tall and he had an athletic body which she would not mind feeling how toned it was. She licked her lip nervously when she saw him smile while talking to them.

"Ladies I have to leave your company, maybe I will join you some other time" he said and stared at her one last time.

"Bye Sean" Dina purred, battering her lashes and smiling sweetly "nice to meet you"

The girls all watched him walk away, enter the black car and drive off.

"That guy is just smoking hot" Dina exclaimed fanning herself with a napkin.