CHAPTER 4

Devin saw Sidney speak to Sean. He smiled coyly and slowly walked towards them.

"I see my cousin has been keeping you company" he instigated.

"Cousin? Wait a minute you two know each other?" she asked in disbelief. Staring at both of them half shocked half embarrassed.

"Yes, Devin is my cousin" Sean replied there was an extra calmness to his voice.

He was annoyed at Devin for interrupting them and immediately causing tension. He felt angry. His cousins way of giving Sidney the news was not the best but deep down he was glad she now knew they were related. He would not have wanted her to think they were hiding the truth. He cared for her feelings.

Sidney could not bear the news. This was too much of a coincidence. She had been comparing Devin and Sean in her mind only to find out they were cousins. Maybe she had drunk too much. She excused herself and rushed over to the comfort of her friends and relayed the information.

Dina was shocked. Lavina was torn and Tanya was just confused as she knew they were cousins but did not know both were interested in her friend. The girls were a little bit sad. They had already envisioned Sidney and Sean as the perfect match. If both men were showing an interest in her it would mean Sidney would have to choose one cousin over the other and the choice was going to be a burden for their friend.

Back where she left them Devin and Sean were arguing.

"Was that the best way you could drop that bombshell" Sean asked his cousin.

"Why are you being defensive" Devin also asked.

"Because I care about her and you know it! You saw me meet her that day at the burger place and you have always known I have a crush on her" Sean shouted over the loud music.

"Wait a minute. I never knew you had a thing for Sidney. All I knew was that you liked a girl in your campus. I'm sorry bro" Devin replied pretending to be apologetic.

Figuring he might have come too hard on his cousin he decided to back down. He had never clarifiedto him that it was Sidney so it was not Devin's fault that he had also met her and both of them liked the same girl. He took another look at him, he had a gut feeling Devin knew what he was doing. He had always been sly.

Devin looked at Sean, part of him wanted to leave and let Sean have the girl. The other part wanted to fight. He always knew Sean was interested in Sidney. One day when they were walking around campus Sean kept on looking at her and even joked that she was the girl he was going to marry. From that day on wards whenever he asked him about campus she never missed in the conversation. The pretty lady from his campus. When he saw him greet Sidney and her friends at the burger place, Devin was sure Sean was nuts about her. He had come back to the car all excited and love struck.

But by hearing Sean talk about his attraction for Sidney he had also gained an interest in her.

"I had invited your sister and she has arrived, let me go say hi" Sean said interrupting his cousin's thoughts.

Devin spotted Sidney with her friends and walked towards them.

"Ladies may I steal her for a moment" he asked holding Sidney's hand.

He put his other hand in his pocket and removed a small black box.

"This is for the birthday girl" he handed the box to Dina who was shocked by the unexpected gift from a stranger. She opened it and gasped in delight

"A man who buys a lady diamonds is a keeper" she said winking at Sidney and admired the diamond bracelet she had received.

"Thank you, call me Dina." She introduced herself to him. "I'm sure these other culprits you know them" she joked motioning to Tanya and Lavina.