CHAPTER 5

Next morning she woke up by the constant buzzing of her phone. She had returned to the hostel quite late and hadn't slept well thanks to the two cousins.

She looked at her phone, it was Sean calling. After seeing him with the other lady again she was not sure if she ready to talk to him. She let the phone call disconnect then switched it off. She felt stupid for thinking that Sean had been flirting with her yet he was just being kind. She had seen him twice with the same lady. She did not even want to imagine if they had gone home together. He was too handsome to be single.

It was Devin who had confessed his attraction for her, if Sean had shared the same feelings he would have said something. Feeling worn out with her thoughts she went back to sleep.

She woke up later in the afternoon and switched on her phone. She had a few voicemails from Devin. She called him back and they arranged to meet for dinner. The distraction was warmly welcomed. She got out of bed cleaned her already neat room then prepared for her dinner date.

She stepped out of the cab a few minutes to seven. As usual she was on time. Devin must have already reached. She had insisted on finding her way to the restaurant they were having dinner. Hurriedly she paid off the cab driver and walked towards the entrance. Devin noticed her curved figure walk in the distance and waited. He was giving his car to the valet. Sidney quickly spotted him he was dressed in black chino trousers, an urban vest and a white casual jacket. He always managed to capture her attention. She hugged him as they met.

She had worn her favorite sheath dress that draped on her body gently showing off her curves. He led her to the reserve section. As much as it was an upscale restaurant with exquisite clientele he had insisted for VIP service. He had to impress her and had the money to do precisely that.

He could feel people's eyes on them. He was used to stares but today he felt extra aware of them. The lady walking by his side was breathtakingly beautiful. He could not tell if it was possessiveness or jealousy but the male stares in their direction prompted him to hold her waist as they walked.

As they made their orders he took a few seconds to admire her. She was the right lady for him he could feel it in his bones. Clever, beautiful, charming... she made him feel complete.

"You look exquisite" he finally spoke.

Sidney smiled. Devin took her held her hand to his heart as he stared into her eyes. He could feel her vulnerability. The predator in him liked it but his other side felt scared. This was a challenge, like he had to prove himself worthy of her vulnerability.

"Yesterday, I had a lovely time with you" he told her.

"The party was amazing" she replied

"Come on Sid, who cares about the party"

"I do" she replied "It was my best friend's birthday party"

"I know darling. But you are my party. I see you only you. Everything else seems to vanish when you are around"

"Oh! Only when I'm around?" she teased

"And any other time I see you. I have even turned out into a stalker. Camping around your classes just to see you"

They laughed. She wanted to say something but their order had arrived. She sipped her drink calmly as Devin spoke.

Today he seemed a little bit different. They talked as they enjoyed their meal.

She paid attention to how he ate, talked, laughed. She could tell he was passionate about everything he did. His male pride made him conform to a certain degree of class. She looked around, the restaurant was of contemporary decor. Their reserved section was dimly lit with several candles and a large chandelier with several artificial candles hang above their heads. The room exuded a warm and romantic feel.