Chapter 2.

~Rin's P.O.V~

I sigh sadly while looking down at the dirt. The one job that I thought I could keep, I ruined it.

What even was that thing? Some sort of weird creature? I don't even know, but at least that little girl didn't get hurt badly, don't need that stacked on top of destroying part of the store. I squeeze my eyes shut and clench my hands. Whats the point anyway? I can't keep a simple job, my family pittys me, I'm utterly stupid, my brother worries that I will crash and burn while he's off at school, and now thinking about it. I don't blame him for thinking that way.

I fix my gaze to the sky, the big moon staring right back at me. If Yukio's right, and this is all some big test... Then what the hell man, give me some sort of break.

I push myself slightly on the old swing set, not really caring at this point if I'm late back home.

"I thought I'd find you here." I frown even more and keep my eyes closed, I really don't want my brother to find out. "Listen, the Sukiyaki will be all gone. Let's get going."

I swing slightly backwards, everyone will be so disappointed in me I can't handle that anymore.

"I couldn't face anyone there, if I went back."

"What are you talking about?"

I sigh and shift my head down, I don't want to see his reaction.

"She fired me." I hear him gasp. "Said they couldn't handle a violent delinquent such as myself in their store."

"What happened?"

The image of that monkey like thing taking the little girls scarf comes in my mind again. I grunt and shake my head. "I don't even know myself."

"Don't give me that! Everyone was so happy that you found a job, Rin. So how could you... How could you drop the ball like that?"

Opening my eyes slightly I send the ground a frustrated look. "You need to explain it so it makes sense to everyone!"

"That's just the thing Yukio! It doesn't make sense!" I huff, flustered beyond belief. I don't know how to explain... That. "Listen there's things that happen and they just don't make sense!"

"Nee-chan..."

"My bad..." I turn away from him, feeling the anger drain away. I'm not going to be mad at my brother that's leaving tomorrow.

"Anyway, we should head home. I know dad's waiting."

I stand up, brushing the wrinkles out of the stupid skirt I had to wear for the job, and I follow my brother around the corner back to the monastery.

"Ah, you're home!" The old man was standing outside with another man, he turns and looks at me. "Rin Okumura?"

"Who are you?" I ask walking forward. "I'm her... Yui's father." He looks down and I follow his gaze. There is the little girl from earlier clutching her fathers coat and smiling softly at me. "I don't know how to thank you for what you've done for her."

I stop right in front of them. "Oh... Is she okay?"

"Thanks to you, she only suffered a slight scrape." He smiled at me. I returned it and looked down at Yui and and sigh. "Well, that's a relief." She nods and smiles politely.

"Yui's always been a scatterbrained child." She frowns and looks down, I instantly feel bad for her. It's not her fault she gets tormented by a stupid monkey thing.

"Falling down the stairs, tripping, shes never without a fresh wound."

"You're wrong about that."