Chapter 1

It was a freezing january morning for anyone else but for Scarlett, it was so important.Today was Severus's 17th birthday. She has prepared special gifts for him; a rare potion book which he wants for a long time and a letter inside of it. She took the gifts and went to find him. She was wandering around.Then she saw a crowd middle of the corridor. She heard some familiar voices and went there. Sirius and James were hexing Severus,again. She run in front of Severus for protecting him. She shouted to James and Sirius."Stop that! How many times ı have to warn you two!? I'll tell Professor McGonagall." They put their wands in the cloaks."Today is your lucky day Snivellus, she saved you 'again'!" said James and smirked.She gave him a threatening look. And turned to Severus "You alright?". But suddenly he started to shout at her."I don't need your protection,ı can handle it by myself! What do you think you are? A guardian angel!?" Scarlett was petrified,her eyes started to fill with tears. She wasn't expecting this,she felt humiliated in front of other students. She looked at him heart broken and handed his gift with her shaking hands. "Happy birthday Severus..." And she run to the garden. Severus was already regretful but he couldn't go after her, he was ashamed. Sirius pushed him roughly and run after Scarlett. She was sitting on the cold ground next to the lake and sobbing helplessly. Her heart was broken.She usually doesn't show much emotion but this time she couldn't control herself at all and let go. Sirius watched her for few minutes. He's falling in love with her since they were little. But they're best friends and he didn't want to ruin it. He walked over to her. She smiled up at him softly and tried to cover her tears. He sat beside her and hugged her tightly. "If you want to talk,i am here. You can tell me everything you know." She nodded. "But we have to go inside or we are gonna freeze. Scarlett come on." He stood up and held his hand out for her. She held it and stood up. "Let's go to the Great Hall, i am gonna make you a cup of tea."  

  Great Hall was nearly empty. They sat down a corner table. Scarlett was still crying silently. Sirius sighed "Why did his words make you that much sad,Scarlett? You know Snivellus is weird." Scarlett was playing with her hands nervously and sighed. "Sirius... I-ı have feeling for him..." Sirius gave her a confused look. "I love him,i love Severus..." She took a deep breath. "I thought he is my friend but you heard him today. He doesn't even like me, he'll never love me back..." Her voice was shaking and tears were coming from her eyes. Sirius was in shock, love of his life was crying for another boy in front of him. And this boy is Snivellus. He shook his head then held her hand. "Shh Scarlett, please don't cry for him. He doesn't deserve you. Forget him." "I-ı can't..." She couldn't finish her sentence and started to sob again. Sirius cupped her face and looked into her beautiful green eyes. Sirius lost himself in her eyes for a moment. "Scarlett listen, i will always be here for you,I'll never leave you. You mean everything to me. And i love you..." then kissed her lips softly. Scarlett's eye brows raised high and her eyes got wide. "Sirius ı never thought that you have feeling for me... I-i am sorry, i really didn't know" She was in shock also felt bad for Sirius. If she knew that he loves her, she never told him all those things about Severus. "I have to go Sirius." she stood up and walked out of the Great Hall quickly. Sirius watched her go and cursed under his breath "i shouldn't have kissed her, i ruined everything between us!" She went to Slytherin dorms avoiding Severus. She laid down on her bed and thought about Sirius. They know each others since they were 2. He was always good to her, always beside her. And now he said he loves her. Scarlett was confused. Sirius might be good for her. But her heart is belong to Severus who will never love her back. Everything was so complicated and she was so tired. Scarlett closed her eyes and fell asleep after a while.