Chapter One

(4 years before the start of Minecraft Diaries S1)

Annie's POV

My head shot off of the pillow as I heard yelling and fighting from downstairs. I was confused for moments before realizing that this was nothing out of the ordinary. Wake up, hear yelling, get ready, witness or break up a fight and go to training or other events. This was my life every day with three older brothers, two of which could never get along, the oldest two Garroth and Zane, and then the youngest who pretty much just chills with me, Vylad.

Other than my strange daily routine, life in O'khasis was pretty normal, then again I hadn't lived anywhere else in my lifetime, so I wouldn't know other people's definition of normal. Living in one of the safest places in the region really did have its perks. Sure, it wasn't 100 percent safe, but it was close.

I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and looked around my fairly large room. My wooden desk, made of an old cedar tree, was cluttered with the multiple crumpled up papers of drafts and plans of my speech for the opening of the guard academy, a finished copy sitting in the middle of the chaos, alongside the arrows sitting in my quiver that I had forgotten to put away from yesterday's training session at the archery range. The clutter in my room contrasted from the white curtains and walls so well that if it wasn't for the clutter I wouldn't see the walls or the curtains. I run my hand across the smooth white sheets on my bed before finally working up the courage to get up.

I got up and started to get ready. Pulling off my t-shirt and pajama pants before placing them in the laundry basket beside my dresser, I put on a pair of undergarments, an old, slightly faded, red t-shirt with my brown leather jacket over it and some old jeans with holes in them. I then took out the loose braid in my platinum blonde hair that I had put in quickly before I fell asleep and replaced it with a braided crown that faded into a ponytail and fell to my shoulders where my hair was cut to.
Before heading out the door I laced up some cute heeled brown leather boots that I wore everywhere. I then headed downstairs to get a light breakfast and see what Zane and Garroth were fighting about this time before I had to leave to practice at the archery field.

When I got downstairs I heard Garroth yell as something hits the floor and I quickened my pace just to make sure I got there before one of them killed the other.

"ZANE GIVE ME BACK MY SWORD!" Garroth shouted, reaching across the table to grab it as I walked into the kitchen which contained a small table with enough chairs for our family.

The sound of something hitting the floor was the result of Zane throwing a banana at Garroth's head in an attempt to get him to stop reaching for the blue sword in his hand.

Zane's mask was pulled down and sitting around his neck revealing the light freckles across his nose, his left hand out in front of him reaching for his sword with the right one in possession of Garroth's sword. He was wearing a grey shirt with black pants and some leather padding over it, which was the most casual he ever dressed. He must not have been training for Head Priest or, he was doing something related to it that didn't require him to be fully dressed in his uniform. He still wore the cross around his neck though, something that he used to say that he acted more powerful than he actually was.

Garroth, on the other hand, was in full uniform. The uniform consisted of the same things as a guard uniform, but with a few more embellishments showing that his title was higher than a guard. His blonde hair, a shade darker than mine, was long and the front part of it was in his face. Since he had begun his training for lord, he wore his uniform more often and took on more responsibilities. Leading patrols, representing O'khasis at diplomatic events, he did so much that it began to be a rare occurrence that he was home for more than an hour or two. I missed the times that we would spend hours sparring or just hanging out.