Chapter Fourteen

Annie's POV

Once Katelyn and I got back to the guest house, Katelyn went straight to bed and left me alone downstairs on the couch. I didn't want to be alone, never really did. So, I went outside into the crisp almost night air and to the inner wall that surrounded Nahakra and climbed on top of it, and sat there to watch the sun set over the forest.

I was alone for a while before I heard footsteps below me. I look over my shoulder with a curious face as to who would be up this late only to see Eli standing there, awkwardly smiling, his shaggy black hair hanging down in front of his piercing green eyes looking up at me.

"H-hey," he said, "May I come up and sit?" His voice cracked somewhere in there and just hearing it was almost cute enough to laugh at.

I nodded and smiled softly. He climbed up with ease and sat beside me, looking out over the forest. We sat in silence for while; staring out at the darkening horizon that separated the late evening sky from the forest.

"What is O'khasis like Lady Annie?" Eli asked in a formal manner. Oh boy, if I had to deal with any more people calling me that I feel like I might punch something, something that the sun can't see.

"Eli, you don't have to call me "lady" Annie, just call me Annie. But, to answer your question, it's pretty normal. It's a big village but it's not really a merchant town," I replied, looking back at the forest with a newfound feeling of remembrance.

Eli nodded and looked out at the forest once more.

"Do you enjoy nature?" I asked.

"Yeah, my father was a merchant so I would go with him on some of his trips through the forest. I really enjoyed looking at the different kinds of trees and flowers that I saw," he replied, " Do you enjoy nature, Annie?"

"Yeah, I do," I said as I turn to look into his eyes.

There was a look in his eyes. A look that I had never seen before. It was strange. His eyes sparkled in the fading sunlight and there was a small...glint in his eye.

We stared at each other. Nothing more and nothing less, just staring. Neither of us blinked, afraid to ruin this moment, like a plate. Then, out of nowhere, with no warning whatsoever, Eli moved a strand of hair behind my ear, that look there at full force.

He moved his hand down to my chin, barely grasping it with his forefinger and thumb, as if to tell me I could back down at any moment, before slowly lifting it. It felt like each second was being delayed and as if the world was waiting for us.

Before I knew it, our faces were close enough that if a moved just a bit more, if I tilted my head up just a bit more and if I tilted my just a bit to the left, we would kiss.

But, he seemed to take action. Without noticing, he had moved those few steps and was kissing me. The soft feeling of his lips ran sparks down my spine that I never knew I could feel.

What started out as a simple kiss...turned into more. It was as if a...switch was turned on and everything became fast.

His hands moved onto my lower hips, coming close to my thighs. My blood was pumping into so many places, my face my whole body. It was like lightning had hit me.

I try to separate for breath, and to speak, when suddenly his tongue joined the party. It darted in the second my mouth was open and explored around cavern of my mouth mouth. I try to stop him, giving week protests that only die in his mouth and skipping my hands into his hair, pulling at the scalp the slightest, but, that only egged him on.

I open my eyes the slightest, only to see his staring back at me half lidded and filled with something. The look is enough to surprise me and pull into his hair, a whimper escaping him. The feeling vibrated throughout me in a please matter. I wanted more. Give me more.

I close my eyes as I scoot up to him, body pressed against his. I could feel the heat between us and I had no interest in stopping it. I stop his exploration by sucking on his tongue, him letting loose a mix of a growl and moan.

He moves to grab me, grabbing my ass and placing me in his lap with a force I didn't know he had. This was not the caring and sweet Eli, this guy was so much more careless and unforgiving. And oh boy did I like it.

My mouth left his, not sure how much longer I could last only on oxygen from my nose. It didn't seem to deter him though, his mouth attaching itself to my neck, where my shoulder and neck met, and nibbled on it. He placed small bites here and there on my neck, trailing them up to my earlobe and gently biting it, biting it with a little more force. A low growl leaves him, the sound making me squeak as it ran across my neck. Heaven. This was heaven.

And then, something shocked me and what brains I had left. The look in his eyes was love. I probably had the same look in my eyes. I had fallen in love with Eli, and he had fallen in love with me.

He broke away from my neck and looked down at me in the eyes again. He must have seen something in my eyes as he looked down and away at the stone beneath him, his face turning a shade of cherry red.

"I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to kiss you, I-I wasn't thinking!" He said frantically.

I laughed slightly and he looked up at me.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked

"Because, yes I was surprised it was just, I didn't know that you felt that way about me," I replied.
"Wait..." He blinked, looking down at me."A-are...you in love with me?" Eli asked, his face turning even redder.

I nodded. He looked down at his feet and went silent.

"I-I'm in love with you too Annie," he replied.

I smiled before I reached over and held his hand. We watched the sunset together until night had fallen completely.

"We should get back, we wouldn't want people to get worried," Eli said as he stood up.

I nodded and we said goodbye before parting ways. I walked back to the guest house and when I got inside I found Katelyn pacing back and forth in the living room anxiously. She saw me and looked up at me, her facing expressing the feelings of relief and anger.

"Where have you been?! I was worried sick about what had happened to you!" Katelyn yelled.

"Calm down," I said, "I was just at the village wall watching the sunset.
Katelyn looked at me a while before smiling.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You were with Eli weren't you?" Katelyn said teasingly.

"Ugh, you're not going to leave me alone until I tell you are you?" I asked frustrated.

"Correct," she said with a smirk.

"Fine, Eli and I were watching the sunset on the wall together," I said.

"Did he kiss you?" Katelyn asked again, obviously teasing me.

"N-no!" I shouted.

I felt my cheeks start to turn red.

"He kissed you!" Katelyn yelled.

"Shhh! You don't need to let the entire region of Ru'an know!" I said.

"Fine, fine but, are you both in love with each other?" She asked.

"Ugh, promise this won't leave this room?" I asked.

"I promise," she replied.
"We are both in love with each other," I said with a small smile.

"I knew it!" Katelyn said, her blue eyes lighting up as she smiled.

Katelyn and I talked for a bit more before we both headed to bed.

Eli was in love with me, and I was in love with him. I guess I forgot about the fact that I said that I would never fall in love with anyone.

A/N
The ship Alie has officially set sail. Little more description in this chapter! (At Pink_Neko_Princess 's request) I hope you enjoyed this chapter! See ya! Nya!~