nine

"C'mon! You need to at least make one goal!" Romeo yelled to me. We were in his backyard playing "football" as he calls it. It was overcast and not raining now. To me, it's usually overcast here. "Just at least one." He said smiling and whispering at me.

"I'm not good at this." I said. He came running towards me. I didn't want him to take the ball, I kicked away. We both stopped and looked at the ball that was tumbling through the grass. It made it into the goal. "Yes!" He screamed throwing his hands in the air.

"See that's the reflexes you need." Romeo said. "I know, I kn-" I said as thunder boomed. I flinched. "It's okay." He said. It boomed again. I tried to run but Romeo grasped his hand onto my wrist as soon as my foot lifted from the ground. I shook my head no as I tried to pull away.

"Look at me." He said. We stared into each other's eyes. "You need to get over your fear." Romeo said. His face was straight. As we stood in the middle of his yard, he asked me why I'm so afraid of thunder. Rain droplets started to fall.

I tried to run every time it thundered. Romeo's hair was already soaking wet. His grip had slid down to my hand.

He smiled and laughed once I didn't flinch when the thunder hit. "See...you did it." He smiled. "With your help." I said.

We went under the canopy that the Beckham's have in their back yard.

"Why are you terrified of them anyway?" Romeo asked me. My heart dropped. I looked out to the sky. "Well um." I said. I couldn't make the words come out of my mouth.

"You don't have to tell me. It's okay." He said. "No, no...I will." I said.