Weekend

Jinxx's

~~~

"Do you want some eggs?" I asked peering into the fridge while Jake sat on a bar stool.

"Uh, sure I guess." Jake said shrugging. I smiled at him and grabbed a pan.

"I'll help." He said as I put it on the burner.

I turned to see him leaning against the counter watching me.

"Ok can you crack some eggs?" I asked handing him the carton.

He nodded and took them before cracking a few into a bowl. I put on another pan with some bacon in it.

"Do you drink coffee?" I asked glancing over at him.

He looked up from the pan he was scrambling the eggs in, he considered for a second before smiling.

"Ya, a little. I could live without it, but I like it." He said before turning back to the pan.

I started a pot of coffee and tended to the bacon while Jake whistled a little.

"Does your mom know you're here?" I asked grabbing a plate and sliding the cooked bacon onto it.

"She does, do you want me to say the weekend?" He asked walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Only if you want to." I said smiling up at him.

He kissed me on the forehead before pulling out his phone and calling his parents. After a moment he hung up and I handed him a plate.

"So?" I asked as we sat at the bar and started to eat our food.

"I'll need to get some stuff from my house, clothes and stuff." He said.

"Ok." I said smiling and standing, the coffee was done.

I grabbed two mugs and poured some coffee in each of them.

"Do you put anything in your coffee?" I asked Jake.

"Naw, I think it's best black." He said before taking a bite out of a piece of bacon.

I set the coffee pot back into the holder and trotted back to where Jake was sitting.

"I don't put anything I my coffee either." I said taking a sip out of my mug.

Jake smiled at me and gave me a peck on the cheek. I smiled at him over the rim of my cup.

"You're cute." Jake laughed as I made a face.