Phone Calls

A few days later...

You sat at home, wearing nothing but an oversized shirt and sweatpants. You had your knees tucked to your chest and a tub of ice cream at your side. After the first few days of meeting 2-D you had waited by your phone any chance you could get. You desperately wanted to talk to him again. It's not everyday that you get to talk to a famous musician who actually gives a damn about their craft and are genuinely interesting, no matter how clumsy they are.. You shoveled another scoop into your mouth when your phone rang. You ignored it then froze realizing who it could be. You set the ice cream down and reached over to answer your phone.

"H-Hello?" You answered, your voice muffled from the ice cream in your mouth.

"'Ello! Is-is this (Y/n)?"

You smiled, nodding your head like he could see you.

"Yep, is this 2-D?"

He squealed realizing it was you. Your smile only grew.

"So, 'ow 'ave ya been? I've been meaning t'call yew sooner but didn't 'ave a chance to.." He apologized, his tone of voice made your heart sink.

"No, no it's alright! I didn't expect you to call back at all.." You twisted your hair around your index finger, crossing your legs and leaning back on your sofa.

"Why wouldn't I call back? I loved talking t'yew!"

You smiled brightly, feeling like your face could light up a room. You seemed to have spaced off and there was an awkward silence.

"(Y/n)? Yew there?" 2-D questioned after not hearing your voice.

"I'm here, sorry. I kind of, spaced out.."

2-D apologized again, you said there was no need to. The conversation continued until it seemed like he wanted to ask you something, but was holding himself back.

"Is something wrong?" You finally asked.

He paused, you could hear him dribble his fingers on a hard surface.

"I jus' uh, wanted t'know, if yew um.." He paused once again. "Wanted t'come t'one of ou' filming's for El Mañana.." He said the last sentence rather quickly, probably out of nervousness.

You had never been to a filming of anything, it seemed like fun. You could even meet the rest of the band! You agreed and thanked 2-D over and over again.

"I'll pick yew up tomorrow, be ready!"

You said your goodbyes and hung up. You squealed, taking a celebratory scoop of ice cream. You looked around your apartment, you didn't want 2-D to see your mess when he came to pick you up. Something snapped inside of you and you decided to pick up. It just seemed necessary.