Paparazzi

"So, where are we going, Stu?" You asked, leaning on him as you walked down the street.

You were both downtown in the city you lived in. The city was vibrant as the nightlife began to set in. There were cars and big buildings everywhere. 2-D turned to you, a cute little grin was spread across his face.

"Well, I was finkin-"

Suddenly, a man jumped in front of you two. He flashed his camera, blinding you both temporary by its bright light.

"Oh no.." 2-D muttered to himself, grabbing your hand and trying to run away as more people began to crowd you both.

People quickly began to surround you, taking out their smartphones and cameras for a picture of you and Stuart.

"2-D, why did you leave the band?"

"Who is this woman?"

"Are you dating her?"

"What happened to Paula Cracker?"

You were both bombarded by questions as you tried to escape, not having a clue about what was going on. 2-D covered his face as he tried to look for an exit. Cars honked as most of the crowd was in the street. They all seemed like mindless zombies, stopping their normal everyday lives for a celebrity who just happened to be walking down the street with his lovely girlfriend. You began to feel anxious as you were both helpless in a huge crowd of fans and paparazzi. Sometimes you forgot that Stu was even a celebrity, he was always so humble.

Too bad he had to deal with all of this..

You saw an escape in the ocean of bodies, nudging
2-D towards it as people continued to beg for his autograph and pictures. You both tried to escape the crowd and succeeded, beginning to run down the street.

"Hey look! They're running away!" The fans pointed, following you both.

"They're fucking chasing us!" You shouted to 2-D as you were gasping for air.

He pulled on your arm as he could run faster with his long legs. You were coming up to an intersection, a dead end. You couldn't just run through speeding cars. You tried to turn a corner before a black SUV cut off the crosswalk.

"Shit, more paparazzi.." 2-D panted, turning to you with worry in his eyes.

His hand was still on yours, it had been this entire crazy night. The car window rolled down with a familiar face behind it.

"Get in, quick."

It was Russel fucking Hobbs.