VIII

Thursday, 1st January, 1835

02.22. Things got even wilder. Lillian was angry. Infuriated even. I was composed, as usual. We argued and we fought. But that led to more heated interactions. Lillian is now asleep and I am trying not to wake her. No one has ended up on the floor.

07.46. I have been lying awake for hours thinking of what to say to Linton when she wakes. She has now begun to stir. Her eyes are opening. Adieu.

08.01. Breakfast is being brought to the room for Lillian and I am about to wash. I shall shortly get dressed.

08.19. I am now washed and dressed. As I rose from the bed where Lillian was dozing, the maid entered with the tray and a shock. The yelp woke my temporary wife and as soon as she copped on to the situation, it was clear that she was not happy. A few profanities later and she was smirking into her toast.
An uncle of my brother and that uncle's wife (them being Denis and Olivia) are visiting today. I fear Lillian will disapprove of Olivia's attitude towards myself. In fairness, it is creepy. It has been that way ever since Denis' unfortunate affair with a Miss Scarlett Hargreaves. Olivia caught him red-handed creeping with the girl next door. Picture this: they were both butt-naked banging on the bathroom floor. He had tried to keep her from what she was about to see, but she didn't believe him when he told her, "it wasn't me." Silly, really.

11.14. Carter doesn't know when to quit.

So a veerrryy short update today, but I hope you all enjoyed. I also hope that everyone got the reference to Shaggy, but you never know.
Anyway, thanks for reading, Ifrits, I'll see you in the comments. 💜