XIX

Friday, 23rd January, 1835
23.56. It seems that Lillian has finally understood my words from the other day, when I told her that I do not love her. I admit, it was pathetic and a little too poetic, but I could not say those words which many seem to put so much weight onto. I am in love with Lillian, just not to her face.

Monday, 26th January, 1835
00.14. Lillian's sister and her little friend, Edmund, arrived only a short while ago and yet they insist on draining my resources. I am referring, of course, to their love of light. They light their room into the small hours and why is beyond me. Certainly when myself and Lillian are alone at night, the darkness is welcome as it enables dark deeds. On the morrow I shall be having words.
00.28. I have informed Lillian that I already despise the running of the household and she has concurred, assuring me that it is possible to run it together. She asked me to "take her back to the night we met," which baffles me, as I am fairly sure that she was male and in jail at that time. Of course, she did her funny laughing thing and rambled about how we only Really met when we were on adventures and free of care for London society. She had a point.
05.45. The lovers are embarking on their journey North towards elopement and Lillian is sentimental. I am preparing to return to the office.
06.05. Lillian and I have been "discussing" what attire she might clothe herself in for work today. The outcome of that conversation was positive. For me.
07.54. I am fairly certain that I have just accidentally swallowed a moth. An actual moth, the hairy kind.
08.13. Once again, the office is rather chilly and I await Linton's arrival in the office.
09.27. Of course, Linton arrived to the office in a dress. Excuses have had to be made and I did not enjoy the waste of time. She is persistent, however. I shall have to punish it later. In some way. Wouldn't know what that would be...
12.34. I have received an invitation to yet another ball. I did not plan to go initially, however, I have heard on the particularly smoggy London grapevine that Dalgliesh will be in attendance. Linton insists on joining me. I cannot be bothered to object. She is also not a bad sight for sore eyes, of which I'm sure will be created should Dalgliesh and myself find ourselves away from the rest of society.

Sorry I haven't been writing much recently. Life, amiright?
Anywho, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I have one or two ideas lined up and then I think it may be the beginning of the end for this fanfic.
Thank you to everyone who's been reading, I love you all.
Besos. Xx