X

Thursday, 1st January, 1835
21.30. Linton persuaded me onto the bed. As we have already established, you cannot ask me how, but nonetheless, I shall tell you that I am not going to tell you. So there. Get over it.
21.32. You were never under it, you are a book. I am not good at this diary business.
21.44. Linton has changed into night clothes and as such, insisted that the lights be turned off. I assured her that my seeing her unmentionables (maybe even a little more) would not be a singular occurrence. I did not see her blush in the dark, but I knew it was there.
23.55. I have just woken up from sleep and Linton is not here. At least not in the bed. I shall check the room, although it is dark and I cannot light many candles, lest I wish to alert the other residents of the house of movement in this room. They may wish to come and see me. I shall get up, after a fashion. On account of my discomfort, movement is proving a struggle. I shall have to make my way with a single hand-held candle.
23.59. I set fire to the curtains for a second. That was not good. I will tell no one. They were already dark and ashy.
00.07. I am "walking" along the corridor as I write - this is only possible on account of the discomfort in my side, that I "walk" slowly. There is a light under the door at the end of this corridor.
00.10. It was Karim's room. I know because I listened at the door. There appeared to be a maid lighting the fire in there. She also seemed to be attempting to light a fire in Karim.
00.24. It was Carter. She went to Carter's room.

A return to short chapters for a while, I'm afraid, chaps. It's raining and I have essays on essays to write, so doing this on the side is welcome relief.
Anyway, I have yet another question for anyway that is feeling like a quiz 😉: what do you Ifrits want to see next in the story? I have a few short-term ideas and thus would welcome inspiration.
Finally, shout out to those who wrote to me on my message wall! I didn't even know I had a message wall and so to the person to wrote about this particular publication ( justanothersupergirl ): thanking you verily.

Okay, peace out, Ifrits. X