XX

Monday, 26th January, 1835

13.55. Linton has left the office to buy itself a dress. I did not object. Our argument this morning left us on somewhat sour terms.
14.06. I have just discovered that I am still able to cartwheel. Such a thrill.
14.09. Disregard my previous statement, I have no time for thrills. Except for Linton.

Friday, 30th January, 1835

18.19. We are preparing to leave for this wretched ball and I have men ordered to act as satellites around the venue in the event of any brouhaha and/or hubbub.
18.26. Lillian has just descended wearing a garment that almost makes me think it was worth the money she spent on it. Almost.
18.34. We are in the carriage now and Lillian has been waffling for a few minutes. I only paid attention when she started to say that the ring I gave her before we were meant to be married at my ancestral home is rather like a wedding ring, just on the wrong finger. I said nothing. She smiled to herself.
21.15. She is dancing with him.
23.31. He has taken her.
23.56. Heck.

Saturday, 31st January, 1835

00.14. She has somehow returned. I am led to believe that a silver tongue and violence aided her in her escape. Dalgliesh will not like this. Lol.
01.27. As predicted, Dalgliesh was not at all happy and showed his annoyance with the hole he popped in my leg. It's all good though, because I popped one in his chest. He'll probably be dead by now. Better yet, there is no way of anyone knowing who killed him. It's almost too easy.
02.22. Lillian is fussing. She insists that I go to bed for the next few days while my leg recovers. I insist that I can walk on it. I am slightly not right, but she cannot know this.
07.04. I am pleased to report that I did not bleed out in the night. Lillian is extremely busy with unnecessary worrying over me and I insist that she instead look over my diary for the coming weeks, but she burnt the pages for them and cried that I will not be doing anything for the next few weeks but recovering. Little does she know that I have plans to do both work and her over the next few weeks.
07.28. I believe I am light-headed. Disregard the vulgarity of my last entry.
07.34. That is not to say it is not true, however.

So lol I hope I captured how fast-paced I think those events would have been. Also, I'm too lazy to write about a whole murder case, so I just sort of swept it under the rug, as you can tell.
I'm thinking that the next chapter may be the last. I'll probably write an epilogue and anything else that people may request me to write in this style (feel free to comment them or DM me).
Besos, lovely Ifrits x