Chapter 4

Chapter Four:

Th group talked for a bit until they decided we should all go to bed. But before we went upstairs, the ones we didn't know told us their names. There was Eugene, the guy with the mullet. Rosita, who was Latina. Sasha who was the girl with the poofy braided hair.

Thalia, Jason that was holding Milia and Carl and I went upstairs getting ready to go to sleep. When we entered Carl's room, it had one bed, three sleeping bags, and one make shift bed out of blankets and pillows.

"Well, this isn't much but- " Carl said but midway sentence Thalia said, "This is plenty for us compared to where we have slept for the past however long."

"Okay. Well, night then. I'm gonna go get dressed into my pajama's." Carl said as he grabbed clothes from the dresser near the window and left probably to the bathroom.

"How do you feel about this place? Do you think it will last long?" Jason asked as he put down Milia and made sure she was covered.

"I honestly don't know, Jason." Thalia said unsure. That's the first in a while I have heard her like that and I don't like how that felt.

"I hope this lasts, at least for Milia. She needs somewhere sustainable and people to talk to so she can grow up right in the head or hopefully okay." Jason said.

"Yeah, we all need a good place though, if we are out there for too long we might lose each other. Even ourselves depending on the hardships we go through really. We should try to sleep." I said ending the conversation.

Thalia moved to the sleeping bag near the window, Jason moved to the other sleeping bag a few feet behind Thalia. That the last sleeping bag for myself and the make shift for Milia. I just put Milia down onto the make shift bed when Carl walked back in the room with his old clothes in a ball, in his hands.

"Hey, Milia should have the bed. Probably more comfortable than the ground." He said as he put his old clothes in a pile in the corner.

"You don't need to let her have the bed Carl. She's already asleep." I said back.

"No, I'm not. The thing I'm lying on takes a while to get used to." Milia says sitting up, whining.

"So, then Milia, would you like to sleep in a real bed for the first time in forever?" He asked her in a nice way.

"Long, long time!" She said almost jumping up and down in her place.

"Well, now you can sleep in a real one right now." Carl said nicely.

She didn't even answer before she ran to the bed, jumped up onto it and got snuggled in. I'm not really surprised though. I walked over to her and made sure she was already to go to sleep. Within five minutes she was fast asleep.

"Thanks Carl, I bet she really appreciates you letting her have the bed." I said as I turned around to look at him.

"No problem. I remember when I got to sleep on a real bed after a while. But, you're probably tired so we should go to sleep." He said trailing off, going to Milia's old make shift bed and lying down.

"Ok, yeah." I said as I walked to the other sleeping bag next to Carl. "Goodnight. See you in the mornin'."

"Hmm..." He said before he dozed off into sleep. But little did I know he didn't go to sleep for quite sometime.

Before I went to sleep, I decided to do another journal entry.

Entry #18

We found a place called Alexandria, it seems to be stable. But it might not last, nothing does these days anyway. In Alexandria, I found Carl and his dad's group. We are currently living in a house with people that have been through so much together that they have become a family, despite their differences. I hope that we can at least make a living here for a little bit... Who knows. But at least for now Jason, Thalia, Milia, and I have a place to stay and hopefully people to rely on. Till next time Journal, Goodbye!