Chapter 21

Chapter Twenty One:

What kind of fucking storm is this. Yes, I get I need a shower but damn.

The rain went on and off, mist to almost hail, throughout the past few days. The thunder always came back as well with the lightning never subsiding. The wind only made the current predicament worse. The rain going almost every direction, just depending on the direction you stood in.

The back of the Chevy only getting tighter as we hit our targeted spots. The first one, after the apartment, was a sorghum factory. We got some grains and grain products with that trip and along with that, I saw a few decomposing rats. The second stop was a dead end, it was a corn byproduct store but it had not been treated well. The small building was burnt to the buildings core, leaving only the stone structure. We only collected one thing from that stop and it was a Polaroid Instant camera. Michonne found it in one of the abandoned cars along side of the road.

"Where are we going next!" I exclaimed through the thunderous air.

"Another grain factory I think. It's near a few other buildings." Michonne yelled over the radio and the storm.

I showed her a thumbs up and sat back into Carls warm chest. I told my head up to see his eye focusing on something else. I poked his face just under his left cheekbone.

"What's up with you?"

"Hm? Oh, just worrying about dad and Judith."

"Judith is very well cared for, I bet she has every one looking after her and your dad, he can obviously survive." I gave him a small smile.

"Yeah." Was his simple reply as I turned my head back to the black rumpled tarp. I felt a slight pressure on my shoulder, only to feel hair tickling my neck. Carl was resting his head on my shoulder.

"Hey lovebirds! It's getting dark and I believe the grain factory is just a few miles ahead. We're going to try and find a place to crash for the night." Yet again, I only gave her a thumbs up to show my acknowledgement.

Not only 5 minutes after the brief announcement, the truck stopped to a halt. The only noise being the storm that wreaked havoc in the sky.  I removed the tarp from my above my head to get of view of where we stopped. Across the street was a settlement for mobile homes, there looked to be more than ten.

"We are going to stay in a trailer together. We just have to find the most accessible one." With that said and only to be done, we slowly drive through the narrow mud driveway that lead us through the trailer park.

The truck was drove about midway into the driveway before Sasha got out and checked the perimeter. I sat comfortably in Carls lap and played with his hands. "Do you think Milia is happy wherever she is?"

"Yes Y/N. If like to think she's playing with my old friend Sophia and Michonnes son, looking down on us." Carl said with softly as he pulled me as close as he could.

"Michonne had a child? Sophia. . . Damn I miss her, she was so innocent just like Milia." I replied with a low voice.

"Yeah he was two before this world got the better of him. Not a mean bone in their bodies. That's what Carol would say at least. I guess all of the innocent leave this world because they're too precious to be held down here unlike the rest."

"That's depressing but not. I don't think that made sense sorry." I made a small noise, resembling to a chuckle.

Carls only response was a tighter grip on my waist. "We can hold up in this grey and brown one. It's somewhat decent inside and we can fit the truck in between the trailer behind and this one." Sasha said from a few feet ahead.