Chapter 26

Chapter Twenty-Six:

The wound upon my temple began to slowly clot as the blood became sticky against my skin. Concentration of where I was going and what I was doing became ever so much harder.

As each twig random snapped, paranoia lessened.

Maybe I should sit down, rest my head.

But where would it be deemed safe to just lay down.

Everything almost felt foggy, like something wasn't clear but that didn't matter as I sat down on the nice soft grass. I tossed the shoulder bag of knives to my right side near my feet. I leaned backwards to the point where I was laying flat on my back with my arms crossed over my chest and ankles criss crossed as well.

Snap. Some rustling of leaves.

Not being cautious whatsoever, I began to cry.

Where is Thalia? I already lost one sissy. Growl. I'm hungry, maybe a cheese sandwich would be good. Dang there's no cheese anymore. As soon as it came, the tears had stopped.

To the thought of food, I closed my eyes hoping for the throbbing pain to dull in my forehead. The wind lightly picked up, caressing my exposed arms having forgotten my jacket at Alexandria. The longer my eyes were closed, the more I drifted into sleep.

A nap would be so great right now. The last conscious thought before a nap was taken. Only a few hours had passed or so I'd guessed, after I fell asleep. I stretched out my sore back, legs and arms before I even considered getting up.

Feeling better, I pushed myself up and grabbed the bag. I turned to walk one way, wait did I come from this way? Oh you know what, I came from that way.

Confusion settled in and I chose a random way to go. Realizing only now I had a slight limp. As I made my way through the thick foliage, the random flowers seemed to overtake my mind. Those are pretty pink tulips. Wait maybe there is another flower . . . Concentration was getting harder.

My trek through the forest continued on until the sun started to set past the tops of the trees. Shouldn't I have at least run into Alexandria?

Maybe I went the wrong way. Hmph I'll just have to turn around AGAIN.

Off into another direction I went. Darkness slowly settled in, giving the forest an eery look to it. Growling noises came and went. The walk became more painful as time went on, the headache only growing. The throbbing consuming my ability to hear anything else. From the humid air, the blood was still sticky in some places. In others it was dry. How much blood have I lost? What part of my brain did I hurt? Right now I can't focus and I can barely turn my head without a strike of pain. What the hell.

"Through the creepy ass forest I am going, wondering if people still be mowing." A small giggle that I had released resonated in the forest. For such a long time, or it had at least felt a long time, the only things I saw were trees. Trees trees trees. That was until I saw it to my left out the corner of my hazed vision. Maybe I need glasses.

There was a small platform made of concrete to my left. I approached it slowly as my walking had increasingly slowed down in pace. Not even caring to check if there was anything else, I sat down on it taking out my only food out of the bag. Some crushed, outdated Salt and Vinegar chips. The stingy smell of crap hung through the air.

Disgusting.

Just as I was set to open the chips to attempt to subdue my hunger, a voice rang from below me. It was definitely a males voice and familiar at that. With having a vaguely recognizable voice, that was enough for me. I crawled over to the edge of the slab of concrete, the smell getting stronger. With a surprise, the platform was off the ground by at least 6 feet. Was I on top of something?