Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven

It was starting to get dark, the sun setting and the sky was welcoming the darkness of night time. But, Carl and I were still walking around Alexandria.

"So, what happened to your mom (y/n)?" Carl looked over to me while we were still walking to nowhere in particular.

"Oh, um... I don't know." I was avoided eye contact with Carl. I always did this when things are getting awkward.

"You can tell me you know."

"I did tell you. I don't know what happened to her. She wasn't at my house when we got there. So I don't know. "

'Well that must of been anti climatic for him but it's the truth.'

"Wow. Okay. I'm sorry about that. It must suck that you don't know." Carl seemed unsure about it all.

"Well we kinda concluded that she was dead. We hope that she is fully gone and not turned into one of them." We were near that house with a broken window that I had seen before and I was still clinging into the question about why it was like that.

"Hey, what happened to that house's window?" I said, hopefully changing the topic.

"Oh, um. A guy got thrown through it. That belonged to the Anderson's but they're all dead now." He looked tense when he explained.

"There was Jesse and Pete, they were the parents. They had two kids, one was Ron and the other Sam. Pete was killed by my dad, he wasn't a good man to his family. And Jesse, Sam and Ron all died on the same night."

'That whole family just gone... Like that.' That's depressing.

"How did they die? You know, the ones on the same night." My voice was glum, that family could be been mine at one point.

"The walkers flooded through the walls. Sam got scared at all of them right there and he froze. The walkers came up to him and just started to do what they do best, ruin lives. Jesse, his mom, was shocked of what had happened and started to scream, so they came to her. My dad had to chop of her hand from my wrist and then I dropped the gun,"

Carl paused for moment and muttered, "That damn gun..."

"And then there was Ron. He had just lost his family and he was beyond pissed. He was gonna shoot my dad for what he did to Pete but Michonne came up from behind and stabbed him through the gut. A- As he died, his finger but the trigger and that-  that's why my eye is so fucked up. That is why it is covered. " Carl stopped walking and starred straight into the broken window, just standing there.

"Damn. I- I don't know. I can't believe that all of that happened in one night." The shittyness of the world just keeps on getting worse.

"Actually in like 10 minutes altogether. I didn't mean to explain the whole thing." Carl still starred, the topic was still touchy for him.

"It's fine. It's good to know it I guess. I mean you guys must be pretty strong to clear the dead ones out, right?"

"Yeah, I guess. The whole town worked together. I think that's when we actually found out that the people here could actually fight and not just sit around behind these walls." He seemed less upset about before. Or was he just masking over his pain with moving on like I did just earlier?

"Not many of the people here walk past those gates do they?" I thought that more people actually tried at surviving here.

"Nope but Enid climbs over the walls. She's cool I guess." He got happier when he talked about her.

'Lemme guess, it's a teen girl.'

"Who's Enid?" I had never heard of her before. Granted I have only been here for a little bit.