Chapter 4

-MAT'S POV-

I ran to the bridge between our islands as I realized I probably missed the meeting. Pete was more than likely worried and about to hurt someone. I neared the end of our bridge when I saw people, my teammates. This was going to be difficult, I would have to sneak past them to the center island, then across the island to Red's bridge, then ran across Red's bridge to their island.

I thought, forming a plan in my head. Working efficiently I quietly placed blocks on the side of the bridge, building scaffolding on the side. I dropped onto it and snuck by, completely silent. I leaped to the main island and ran behind a building. They really were blind..

I ran across the island to their bridge, and got a fourth of the way before meeting Rob, Mitch, and Vik. "Hey, Nooch." Rob greeted.

"Hey, Pete's worried right?"

"Yep."

"Okay, I'm going to see him. See you in a bit!" I called as I ran.

I soon reached their island, seeing Pete walk toward the forest. "Petey!" I called.

"Nooch?" Pete whirled around.

I tackled him and he laughed. I stood up and he hugged me. "I thought you were dead you lovable idiot." He chuckled.

"Sorry, I got caught up in fixing a redstone machine."

    "It's fine, just don't do it again." He kissed my lips quickly. "Now go, I know you need to get back to your teammates." (And this is where we decided to turn this into a book xD) [Yep, I've had the idea to make an HTM/H2M/H3M book for the longest time, but I've never been able to write for it.]

    "Bye." I turned and ran back toward the bridge. I met up with the three guys as they reached our bridge.

    "Hey!" I yelled, scaring them.

    "Don't ever do that again!" Mitch chided as I grinned.

M    "Nah, I'm fine doing it whenever I want." |This is where they got distracted in the chat by bold[- -}, italics [_ _], and strikethrough [- -]| (In attempts to underline)

    "Well, aren't you just a darude sandstormer." Vik chuckled. (My computer claims that 'sandstormer' is not a word...) |Mine too| [Same added it to my personal dictionary.]

We walked up to the bridge. "Well, where have you four been?"

"Here, at spawn. Where are you guys been?" Rob countered.

"We checked spawn.." Ali-A commented.

"Maybe you need to look better," I smirked.

"I already look beautiful." Ali looked smug. (I'm just really proud of myself here) [I was confused at first then it hit me xD]

    "You need to be more observant, too, since you brought that up." I countered.

Ali looked defeated, he didn't have a comeback, I mentally congratulated myself.

"Arguments aside, don't we need to get back to base?" Rob said.

[This is where Zoey distracted us and asked about book names.. Currently thinking about The Finale or The Final Journey.] (HEY I WANTED TO MAKE THE COVER OKAY?) [But if you ask that then this happens and we don't get done writing.] (I'm sorry *Is totally not sorry*) [... -Is totally not holding a knife.-] (Is totally not three time zones away from you. IS totally not distracted again. Is totally not sorry) |Guys seriously?| [-totally can't kill you through chat or kick you from doc.-] (NO PLS DON'T I'LL WORK (on the cover)) |Are y'all for real right now?| [-Totally not thinking about kicking you.-] [Yes, we are doing this, Jay.] [While rereading I'm remembering this happening and I can't stop laughing xD]

"Yeah," I said, wanting to avoid more conversation. "Let's go."

I ran ahead of them, thinking over things. I branched off from the group, heading to the redstone machine I had left to run over to red side.

It was a beacon that was supposed to flash red, purple, then blue. [I've made a rainbow one like this and it's so fricking cool.](Wait how???????????) I sighed and continued to work on the redstone to get the ticks to continue to repeat.

I finally got it to work and I turned it on. I stepped back and watched the beacon's beam flash between the three colors. I smiled at my accomplishment.

I heard footfalls behind me and I quickly shut off the beacon. The pistons went silent.

"So, Nooch, what are you doing?" I heard Nade ask.

"Nothing much, just a redstone machine." I replied calmly.

"What does it do?"

"Uh, it's just a beacon that has glass that pushes in front of the beam and changes it's color before it gets pulled back and replaced by another color." I explained.

"Can I see it?" He asked curiously.

"I'm still working on it, the redstone ticks are messed up. The glass doesn't get pulled back in time." I lied, but he believed it.

"Oh, when will it be finished?"

"Tomorrow, hopefully." I sighed, I planned to change the colors.

"What colors is it gonna be?"

Man, this guy is way too curious.

"I dunno yet, I was going to decide when it got finished."

"Okay, well, I need to go. I'm not used to staying up all night unlike you." He chuckled.

"Bye, Nade."

He walked off and I cheered a bit. I began working on the new colors of the beacon, since the current ones were too risky. I decided to change them to yellow and blue, blue for our team, and yellow just because why not?

After working on it for a while I headed back to base, my sword at the ready. Strangely I never needed to use it.

I saw the team up top, talking and it didn't look good. People were arguing and having to be held back.

As I got closer I heard more of the conversation;

"Why are you siding with the enemy?!" I heard someone shout.

"Do you want to die? No? I didn't think so." Another growled.

I climbed up the stairs to the top of the base. The two sides were Rob, Vik, and Mitch, and they had Ali and Nade against them with Speedy, Braydon, and Side watching, looking kind of scared.

I joined Rob, Mitch, and Vik's side, "Nade, I thought you would support it. But I was wrong, you really are an idiot."

"You thought that I would support this betrayal?" Nade growled. "I will never agree to work with red team!"

"So, who do you want to die? Who do you want to get hurt?" Rob asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

"I don't care about anyone, everyone else can die, I just want to win."

"How can you say that?" Vikk yelled.

"How about you take the L?" Mitch smirked and the three side watchers glared at Nade's comment, even Ali seemed angry at him.

It all happened in a blur, Ali drew his sword and stabbed Nade's leg with it. Nade fell to the ground screaming in agony as blood flowed from the wound.

"Like Mitch said, take the loss." He sheathed his sword.

I knew he would die from the wound, but I also knew he would respawn. (My phone doesn't like the word respawn so it autocorrected to red pawn, resistance, and reepawn and something else I forgot) [Laughed a lot at her fails.] As much as I hated him though, I was glad that we didn't permanently kill him. [Might wanna rethink that, Mat]

"Is everyone good with our plan?" Vik asked, receiving a nod from everyone. "Good, let's go to red's side."

Word Count-1257