Chapter 8

Choco's POV

I woke wrapped up in someone embrace, I hoped that Kenny had come back, that he was here to comfort me, but that wasn't the case. Rob had stayed with Vik to cheer me up and to get me asleep, which worked. I slowly and quietly unwrapped Rob's arms from around me and laid him down on the bed. I walked over to the ladder leading to the ground and I climbed down it.

Once my feet hit the ground I picked up a simple iron sword and food. I ran toward the bridge, hoping that Kenny would be on the other side. I climbed up the two stairs and dashed across the long bridge toward the center island.

It took around 10 minutes to get to spawn and I immediately ran to the center of the island where the markets where. I sat on top of one of the roofs, scanning the area. I heard footsteps, causing me to jump up.

Mitch and Jerome came into view and I sighed, sitting back on the roof my eyes downcast.

"Choco?" Mitch called.

"Here.." I glanced up to see them climbing to the roof.

"Choco!" Mitch looked relieved as he rushed over and hugged me. "Why'd you run off?"

"I was hoping Kenny was here. Sometimes when you spawn in from a death you keep some of the pain from the wound. Like once I died by a skeleton shooting my leg on a cave run, I bled out When I respawned, I had a limp and I couldn't feel that leg. If Kenny respawns, he has a chance of having chest pains and a scar where he was wounded." I explained, causing Mitch's eyes to widen.

"Oh yeah, that happened to Mat once when he burned and was shot, he had the burn marks and a scar where he was shot," Jerome recalled, sitting beside me.

There was a small cry of pain. I jumped up and dropped down from the roof running toward the sound.

"Kenny!" I cried, dropping beside him and wrapping my around around him. He hugged me, connecting our lips in a short, blissful kiss. We pulled apart, breathing heavily.

"Choco...I'm here..." Kenny soothed as I cried tears of joy into his hoodie.

"I-I was so scared you weren't going to come back.." I looked at him, he cupped my cheeks and wiped my tears away.

"Choco, I won't ever leave you if I have a say in it." Kenny stood and pulled me up.

I heard footsteps and I turned around to see Mitch and Jerome walking up. Kenny wrapped his arm around my shoulder and I grinned.

"Nice to see you survived, Kenny." Jerome nodded, "we should head back to camp, they're worried sick about you Choco."

"Okay.." I agreed, following the two as they turned and jogged back toward the bridge. Kenny jogged beside me, a pained expression on his face. "Ken-Ken, are you okay?" I asked concerned.

Kenny nodded, but he clearly wasn't. I sighed, waiting to ask again till they reached camp.

Kenny stopped once they reached the end of the bridge and I stopped beside him. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Chest pain.." Kenny sighed. I picked him up and continued to follow Mitch and Jerome who had stopped and watched us curiously.

"What's wrong?" Mitch asked, walking beside me.

"Chest pain, respawned with his wound healed but the pain still present," I informed them, looking down at Kenny who looked at me, still in pain.

We walked into the stables entrance, and toward Vikklan and Poofless' house. I climbed the steps and nudged the door open. "Hello?" I called out, gaining no response.

"Maybe at your house?" Jerome suggested.

"They would've saw us walk over..." I thought aloud. I walked back out, scanning the area. My eyes landed on Petey's house. "Maybe Petey's home.." I jogged over and up the steps, Mitch knocked.

"Come in!" Pete called. Mitch opened the door and I sat Kenny down and walked in after him.

"Kenny?!" Pete gasped and dropped what he was doing.

"In the flesh," Kenny laughed. Pete hugged him and me.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked, after Pete let go.

"Looking for you, after Mitch and Jerome left for center we split up and searched the island, besides me and Mat. I have things to do and Mat is working on an auto wheat farm." Pete explained.

"When will they be back?" I ask, sitting on one of the chests.

"In like 20 minutes or less."

"Okay." Kenny sat next to me and leaned on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around him and rested my head lightly on his. Pete awed and continued to work on his project. Jerome sat on a chest, too, and pulled Mitch into his lap. He wrapped his arms around Mitch's waist rested his chin on his shoulder.

Mat walked in and tripped over his own two feet. We laughed and Petey walked over to help him up. Once Mat was on his feet, Brandon pecked his lips shortly before going back to work on his project. Mat sat on the chest in front of us.

"So what was it like being 'dead' for like a day?" He asked bluntly, earning a punch on the from Brandon.

"You should know! You died like every other day." Mitch laughed. Mat groaned and glared at Mitch. Brandon snickered and wrapped his arms around Mat from behind him.

The door opened, "has Choco came back?" Lachlan asked.

"Nope..." Pete replied, still hugging Mat.

"Okay.." The door shut.

"He's so blind!" Jerome laughed.

"He's just too gullible." Pete chuckled.

The door opened again, "what are you guys laugh-" he paused when he saw me, "WHAT THE FUCK?! Why did you tell me he wasn't here!?" Lachlan yelled, glaring at Brandon.

"To see if you actually didn't see him." Pete laughed.

Lachlan huffed and looked at me, spotting Kenny. "Oh! Hey Kenny!" He exclaimed with a small wave.

"Hey, Lachlan." Kenny grinned.

"Oh! I might wanna go find the others." He turned and ran out of sight, and there was a thump, followed by a couple of voices. We all walked outside and were greeted by everyone piled up, presumably ran into by Lachlan. Kenny chuckled but soon held his chest in pain. "Kenny?" I asked.

I noticed the front of his shirt was stained a darker gray color in one area and instantly picked him up, running toward Lachlan and Preston's house. I pushed the door open and sat Kenny down, grabbing a healing potion from the chest beside him. I opened the. Bottle and tipped it into his mouth. He drank the potion, his expression of pain fading. I hugged him loosely, careful of his healing wound. "Don't ever keep quiet about anything like this.. okay?" I told him, as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Okay," he reassured me, pressing a light kiss to my forehead. I gave a light sigh of relief and wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his shoulder.

We had killed Ali and Nade, losing no one in the process, besides Speedy and Side. We were victorious, now all to worry about were the mobs and stupid mistakes. A shot from a Skelly could easily kill one of us if we weren't careful, an unfortunate creeper or zombie attack could send us into lava or falling to our death. We can never know what can happen, and we can't take measures to prevent a death if there is no telling the future.

I was terrified of thought of one of us dying, if one died, two died. None of us could live without our lover, it was impossible. We just had to survive and hope to be evacuated, hope for a new world.. however long that could be..

Word Count-1310