11

It's been a month.

One whole month since me and Corey last talked.

We see each other in the halls and we always seem to make eye contact but he's the first to looks away.

All I want is an apology.

Which sucks even worst is having coach class two times a day but this is his gym class.

It doesn't suck because he a bad teacher, it sucks because I have this class with Corey so it's even harder for me just to ignore him.

Well it's not exactly hard since he's avoiding me.

Today in coach class he made us run around the field for what felt like ten thousand laps. We barely had a break before he blew the whistle and called us over to him.

"So everyone knows that this class is all about teamwork." Coach begins.

He narrows his eyes at me which caused me to smile.

"Why are you looking at me coach?" I ask

He ignores my question.

"So this means that everyone in this class has to work as a team. That's why I want all of you partner up and we will see who the best team really is." He said before blowing his whistle again.

"Five minutes starting now!"

Corey would usually be the one to walk over to me but since the 'break' I doubted he would come.

I look at everyone partnering up. Corey went over to Liam, Hayden was with her other friend Lori.

I sigh and sat on the grass and brought me knees to my chest while waiting for the five minutes to be over with.

"You shouldn't be sitting alone." A voice from beside me said.

I looks over to see Brett. The same one that I had detention with. He had a small smirk on his face.

"Well I don't have anyone to partner with since me and Corey, you know, took a break." I say

I heard him slide over next to me which caused our knees to touching.

"I heard. Everyone was talking about it but no one knows what happened. Care to enlighten me?" He asked

I laugh at how cheesy the last line was.

"That's was cheesy by the way." I say smiling

He laughs

"Yeah I know." He says

I turn to him.

"But I'm not sure if I could really say exactly what happened." I say

"Do you still like him?" Brett ask

"Of course I do." I say

I knew that I do like Corey. I really like him and him not talking to me hurts me.

A huge smirk was on Brett's face.

"You should get back at him. Maybe show him what he's missing." Brett says

"And how will I do that?"

"By faking to be with me." He says

I almost laugh at that. Faking to be Corey's boyfriend was the reason why we both started liking each other. It's also the reason why Corey said what he said and blamed everything that happened on me.

I think about what Brett said.

"Why should we do that?" I ask

"Because I need to get back at someone too." He says

I stare at him for a while before nodding my head.

"Okay, I'll do it." I say

He smiles at me.

That's when coach blows his whistle again which mean the five minutes is over.

Brett gets up. He puts his hand out for me to grab, which I did.

He then put his arm around my shoulder as we made a circle around coach. I look at Corey who was staring at me and Brett.

Well more like glaring at Brett.

I quickly look away and made eye contact with Hayden, who also looked at me and Brett but instead she gave me a thumbs up. I smile it her.

The smile was soon wiped off my face once coach said my name.

"Yes coach."

"Were you listening to anything I just said, Hewitt."

I shake my head no.

"Don't worry coach. I got him." Brett said

I turn to him as he winks at me. I look at Corey who was still glaring. I smirk at coach who sighs at me.

"Just get to work." He said walking off

----

After doing all types of team work exercises, everyone was tired and sweaty. Most of the boys removed their shirts, including Corey and Brett and it isn't a bad sight to see.

I found myself staring at Brett as he was walking up to me.

"The worst thing you can do is stare." He says

I smiled when I realized he just restated what I said to him months before..

I shrug

"It's hard not to stare." I say

He bites his lip to hold back a smile and that was the sexist thing I think I've seen all day.

He then walks to to me.

"I think we will get along just fine."