14

I sigh as I wait for detention to be over. I happen to have detention with Brett, Corey, and that girl that I found out we Brett's ex and her name is Emma.

The reason as to why we have detention is stupid.

We were all in a pretty heated argument at lunch about something I can't even remember. That's when one thing lead to another and food was thrown.

We wouldn't have gotten caught if it wasn't for Corey's glorious aim which caused the food to hit a teacher.

It wasn't hard for her to figure out who threw what because the four of us all had food on our clothes.

The teacher gave us all after school detention and forced us to put all the books on a carts back on the shelves.

Before I head to detention me and Brett went to the locker room so I can borrow one of his shirts.

He hands me a sweat shirt with his lacrosse number on it and the size was way to big to fit me.

"Got anything smaller?" I ask

He shakes his head no but a smirk was on his face. It took me a while before I smiled when I caught on to what he's doing.

"You want to make them jealous, don't you?" I ask

"You know it."

A laugh a bit before throwing off my shirt and putting on the shirt Brett gave me.

The sleeves on the shirt was so long that it went pass my hand so I had to roll them up a few dozen times just to see my hands.

Brett turns to me once the gets his shirt on. He eyes me in his jersey sweatshirt before wrapping his arm around me.

"Ready?" He ask

I nod as we made our way to detention. Once we got in Corey and Emma was already there.

Me and Brett sat a table away from them.

The teacher that was there gave each of us a look for no reason whatsoever.

"Switch." He said randomly

"Switch what?" Brett asked.

"Yeah. I'm pretty confused on what we're swiching." I say

"That's not a first." I heard Emma say from behind me.

I only smirked before I flipped them off which earn a gasp from the teacher.

"Hewitt, put your finger down now." He said

"Oh. But this finger isn't for just them."

His face became red which caused me to smile even wider and then I out my finger down.

I saw Brett trying to keep his face together but was failing.

"Just stock the shelves." He grumbles before walking out the library.

"If he leaves then how would he know if we put the books back." I hear Corey asked.

It took all my might not to roll my eyes at how stupid that question was. Instead I got up and went to the cart with the books.

This process shouldn't take long since I pretty much know my way around the library.

I pick up a few books from the car and made my was through the aisle. I felt a presence beside me but I didn't glance their way.

"Nice shirt." I hear.

I knew who it was so I kept my mouth shut.

"Are you going to talk to me?" They ask

Once again I didn't say anything.

"I don't like her you know." They say.

I roll my eyes.

"And I honesty don't care." I say

I hear them chuckle a bit.

"I don't know why you're being difficult." They say

I stop placing books on the shelf and finally decided to look a at him.

"I don't know where all this crap about me being a 'difficult person' is coming from. If anything I'm a fucking delight to be around."

He only smiles and stares at me.

"I miss you, you know." He says

I don't say anything as I wait for him to continue.

"I tell you sorry but you don't seem to care but I just want you to know how truly sorry I am for what I said."

I look into his eyes before sighing. I look at the floor.

"Look, I'm was wrong too." I say

He only stare at me with a brow raised

"What?" I ask

"You know... that's not what an apology sounds like." Corey say with a slight smile.

"You better be happy that I even said anything." I say

"So are we good?" He ask

I shrug but then nod

"I guess so."

I smiles before placing a book on the shelf.

It remained quiet between us before Corey broke the silence.

"So why are you wearing Brett shirt?" He ask

I shrug

"Needed a new shirt and he happened to have a spare shirt." I say

"You could've asked me."

"But me and you weren't really on talking terms."

"Well now we are so you can give him his shirt back." Corey said

I pause and turn to him with a slight smirk growing on my face.

"You're jealous, aren't you?" I ask

He huffs

"I'm not jealous." He says

"So if I go over there and start making out with Brett, you won't get jealous?"

Corey turns towards Brett who was talking to the teacher then looks back at me. He clears his throat.

" Okay so I might be jealous." He say not looking at me

I breath out a laugh.

"There's no need to get jealous. Me and Brett are just friends who happens to kiss a lot." I say with a smirk

The kissing part wasn't true but I just want to see Corey reaction to it.

He only laughs.

"Don't lie to me like that." He sat with a slight smile

I raise a brow

"How did you know I was lying?" I ask

"Trust me. I know when your lying." He say

I look at him with a smile.

There's something about Corey Bryant that I seem to like.