Chapter 2 - A Certain Someone

the next day, 0800 hours - MI6 Headquarters, London

on the following day after Jack's arrival, the lieutenant sat in Harrison's office as the chief tossed fresh newspapers on to the desk. The Guardian's headline read "US Army Shuts Down Space Program", The Daily Mail's read "Rogue General Dead, Earth Saved" and The Sun's headline read "'Alien Jaguar' in 'Da Hood'" which turned out to be regarding the hard landing in the LA ghetto. "alien Jaguar..." Jack said before letting out a chuckle. "yes...that's actually the only thing i'm curious about...why the Los Angeles ghetto of all places you and your squad could've landed in?" Harrison asked as he sat on his desk. "hey, even i was curious" Jack answered, unaware that Rabbit's Brigade actually crash-landed at Santa Monica Beach. "your squad crash-landed just off the pier in LA while YOU ended up in a place where you could've ended up in a gang war and we had to bribe the CIA to forget about it" Harrison said in response. "well at least i didn't hit anyone" Jack replied. "that is true, you were just above California after all" Harrison said with a slight nod. "and the RAM did do a good job" Jack replied, referring to the Jaguar's built-in computer, the RAM or Royal Assistance Machine. "yeah.....perhaps i should give you and the car the rest of the day off" Harrison said with a nod. "guess that's fine by me, i got rent to pay anyway" Jack replied before he stood up and left.

28 hours later - Tokyo, Japan

"Akihabara, arigato~" Kanami said to the audience in the last few seconds of a successful performance as hundreds cheered with Evan Price watching from backstage, he knew all along that she would put on a good show even after returning from the operation in Lithuania when he took too much of his time not helping her practice. "lovely performance, Kanamin!" Evan said as he saw the beautiful idol walked to the backstage. "hehe...thank you, Evan" Kanami said with a giggle and a blush. the two eventually walked down to the dressing room and sat down as they were obviously tired. "a lovely live show, that was!" Evan said as he sat back and smiled. "couldn't agree more...don't look!" Kanami replied as she began to change to her casual attire. "i won't" Evan responded before glancing at a wall, blushing as he thought about their next activity. he surely came a long way from when he applied for the position of dance coach at Takura Productions, he never even had much motivation until he met Kanami, he would always blush every few minutes whenever the idol stays close to him. it was as if she was teaching the poor scouser to love someone else again by making him fall in love with her. at least until today, Evan never considered whether he has moved on or not but then again, it doesn't really matter. once Kanami was finally done changing, they eventually left together. Evan would then escort her to her flat then returned home, thinking of going to bed until he suddenly found a letter in his mail slot. it had nothing on the envelope but his name on the back. he then sat on his couch and read the letter, it was in japanese but Evan seems to be fine with that.

"i do not have much time on this earth, please come find me before it is too late

Miyuki"

Evan was shocked, the name obviously seemed familiar to him. "...Miyuki..." he mumbled after a sigh, replaying his memories of what happened in Fuefuki. Miyuki Kizukinosuke, a girl who's just a year younger than Evan. the scouser even fell in love with her despite that he denied it after the incident in London when he had to send more than at least a few SCO19 officers to hospital with non-lethal shots just so he could see Miyuki. after getting kicked out of Britain, the last thing Evan heard about her was that she stayed in a hotel in Paris and of course, he never heard anything from her again but he can still remember her smile even if it was for someone else, how she was when they first met on a bus and all those moments when he finds her either alone or with her boyfriend whom he still calls a "barmy manky twat". but then he'll just think about how he would still be a kindhearted lad if it weren't for the prat who had to hide in Harrison's flat at the time, he was grateful deep down but on the outside, he pretty much wanted to kill the guy just because he took Miyuki from him. Evan still remembers it all and the best reason was that he knew it's what would keep his powers going whenever he turns into some crazy British Commando shadow. no wonder he was never recommended in doing covert ops. aside from all of that, Evan found what seems to be coordinates at the bottom of the paper, it read "48.8503856,2.339440800000034". Evan then typed in the coordinates and finds out that it points to the Grand Hotel Des Balcons, a quite cheap hotel in Paris. he now decides whether he should go or not, he has to go but there are still some important things to do now that Kanami's live show is done and dusted. he eventually thought "to hell with it" and so he packed up, spent at least some of his Royal Navy pension to buy a plane ticket to Paris then wrote down a note for Kanami, he may have already started at developing his feelings for her but at least he'll make it back sooner than he'd think.

"Kanamin

if you are reading this, i may have boarded a plane back to Britain. reason being that it's my dad's birthday and we haven't actually celebrated our birthdays together for a long time now and because of that, i will have to be gone for at least a few days and maybe once i come back, i'll tell you something that i should've told you some time ago

Evan"

yes, he's actually in love with the idol just sometime after he got his job at Takura Productions. he then snuck to her flat and slipped the note in through the door then left in a heartbeat. hopefully, she'll forgive him for this as if it was the operation in Lithuania all over again.